Ss springs

-
I have them in my Cuda, many years now. Work fine IIRC, it's been about 7 years since I fried the engine.

OH, Tensec340 had them in a Dart he used to own. A all steel 69 500 Indy headed engine that ran I think 9.80's or was it 9.20's????

Any how, it lifted the wheels and dug in, went straight! They fine by me.

Mike,i don't like ss springs and you don't need caltracs to hook..i'm running nothing more then a set of h.d. springs,summit race shocks set at 50/50 and a pinion snubber my 60's with the 360 are low 1.60's..with the 416 1.40's...

Mike,i don't like ss springs and you don't need caltracs to hook..i'm running nothing more then a set of h.d. springs,summit race shocks set at 50/50 and a pinion snubber my 60's with the 360 are low 1.60's..with the 416 1.40's...

This is true….. I have pulled the same 60' times with the same suspension set up (my shocks are a little different). I did it on E70-14s too.

If the car is mostly track go SS, if it sees a bunch of street miles you may or may not be happy with SS springs.

I used ESPO springs was I was doing the duster. Granted, it was a mello engine, but the springs did launch the car straight without having a hand on the steering wheel. Part of the secrect is making sure the center of the rear wheels is in equal distance to the front wheels or what ever point you measure too.

002 - 003 springs are drag springs for light cars. You MAY want to consider a heavy spring for a dual purpose car.

I have thousands of street miles on my SS springs and never had an issue. The only reason I put them on was a friend of mine gave me a hell of a deal on them, and my Dart needed springs bad. We pulled the ESPO HD springs off my Duster and put them on our Dart, and put the SS's on the Duster since it sees track time far more often than the Dart. My sixty foot did go down a tenth and a half, 1.9's to mid-low 1.8's.

With SS springs on an A-body make sure you get the correct length shock, the stock ones are not long enough. We put Monroe shocks that fit '84 D250 Dodge trucks on mine.

-
Back