SSBC Flex Lines

-

70DartSteve

Reaction score
70 Dart upgrading to SSBC w513 wheel kit. Part of the upgrade includes new banjo style flex lines. The problem is the lines themselves do not have the flat spot that is needed to insert into the frame mounted tab where it meets the hard line.

I have called and emailed SSBC but still no answer after three weeks.

One option is to open up the tab on the body to allow the completely round end of the new flex line to go in. My fear is that with wheel movement the flex line could loosen where it mounts to the hard line.

Second option is to attempt to file a flat spot on the new line. There is enough material to file but I have to make sure I key it right otherwise the wheel movement could cause the flex line to buckle or kink.

What do you think? Which option is better? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
20160522_205014.jpg
20160522_205014.jpg
20160522_205014.jpg

70 Dart upgrading to SSBC w513 wheel kit. Part of the upgrade includes new banjo style flex lines. The problem is the lines themselves do not have the flat spot that is needed to insert into the frame mounted tab where it meets the hard line.

I have called and emailed SSBC but still no answer after three weeks.

One option is to open up the tab on the body to allow the completely round end of the new flex line to go in. My fear is that with wheel movement the flex line could loosen where it mounts to the hard line.

Second option is to attempt to file a flat spot on the new line. There is enough material to file but I have to make sure I key it right otherwise the wheel movement could cause the flex line to buckle or kink.

What do you think? Which option is better? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.View attachment 1714943499 View attachment 1714943499 View attachment 1714943499

I used russel braided lines on my barracuda//same issue//however when you install the horse shoe clip they are tight against the bracket with little or no movement.. The russels have a hex at the braided line end making tightening the hard line easy rather than counting on the keyed register in the bracket. If everything is snug it shouldn't be a problem.

-
Back