SSBC Returned Items (No Refund and Now Being Ghosted)

-

BerryMoparBloodline

Reaction score
I ended up having to return an A153-DS Front Brake System to SSBC. It was returned and received by SSBC via UPS on 06 August 2024, I am writing to inquire about the status of said refund upon returning the unused items based upon the guidelines provided via your website.

My UPS Tracking and Proof of Delivery shows the items were received by employee on 06 August 2024. Since then I have called a total of seven (7) times (on an average of once every two weeks) in an attempt to get a status on the refund that is due to me since I returned the items following ALL guidelines as stated on their website. As of 04 October 2024, and today 17 October 2024, they no longer answer calls and I am being redirected to an answering service that apparently is not monitored because I have NOT received a call back within 1 Business Working Day as explained.

I have had discussion(s) with a particular Customer Service/Tech Support on four (4) occasions regarding the status of the refund, and each time there was a different excuse or reasoning as far as the status. The last time I was able to actually speak with this person, they stated they had my paperwork in hand to process the paperwork. I specifically asked for an explanation on the turnaround times for refunds, in which they stated they were not able to provide until you process the paperwork. That has been OVER A MONTH AGO.

As of today SSBC has received their hardware back via an RMA Number, in its original packaging, with proof of purchase; and seem to be adamant about keeping both the brake system and refusing to refund my money.

Has anyone had such an experience with SSBC before?

:icon_fU: SSBC

I live nearby. Was doing disc convert on 71 valiant. Went to the brick and mortar location. Talked to a sales guy, wanted to support local, offered cash. The out the door price was like 300$ more than summit was charging for the same SSBC kit, shipping from the manufacturer. And he gave us some outrageous time frame. We ended up going out there twice and they did not want to make the sale. Even for the price that summit had listed. Instead I got new disc spindles from western chassis and think went with big disk C body calipers and rotors

I ended up having to return an A153-DS Front Brake System to SSBC. It was returned and received by SSBC via UPS on 06 August 2024, I am writing to inquire about the status of said refund upon returning the unused items based upon the guidelines provided via your website.

My UPS Tracking and Proof of Delivery shows the items were received by employee on 06 August 2024. Since then I have called a total of seven (7) times (on an average of once every two weeks) in an attempt to get a status on the refund that is due to me since I returned the items following ALL guidelines as stated on their website. As of 04 October 2024, and today 17 October 2024, they no longer answer calls and I am being redirected to an answering service that apparently is not monitored because I have NOT received a call back within 1 Business Working Day as explained.

I have had discussion(s) with a particular Customer Service/Tech Support on four (4) occasions regarding the status of the refund, and each time there was a different excuse or reasoning as far as the status. The last time I was able to actually speak with this person, they stated they had my paperwork in hand to process the paperwork. I specifically asked for an explanation on the turnaround times for refunds, in which they stated they were not able to provide until you process the paperwork. That has been OVER A MONTH AGO.

As of today SSBC has received their hardware back via an RMA Number, in its original packaging, with proof of purchase; and seem to be adamant about keeping both the brake system and refusing to refund my money.

Has anyone had such an experience with SSBC before?

I have no experience with them.
That said, how did you pay? If you used a credit-card you can likely initiate a charge-back. It may get SSBC to speed things up by mentioning you are going to pursue a charge-back.
I would typically expect 4-6 weeks for a moderate sized business to do a return/refund - but it's now going on two months. There is also usually a window for being able to charge-back on a credit card, and you may want to inquire with your card issuer to find out if you still have the option.

I'd tell them you're going to report them for a fraudulent charge, at this point it is, you returned the part.

I have no experience with them.
That said, how did you pay? If you used a credit-card you can likely initiate a charge-back. It may get SSBC to speed things up by mentioning you are going to pursue a charge-back.
I would typically expect 4-6 weeks for a moderate sized business to do a return/refund - but it's now going on two months. There is also usually a window for being able to charge-back on a credit card, and you may want to inquire with your card issuer to find out if you still have the option.
Paid via credit card. I have gone down the path of what you explained as well. I opened a case with my card company a little over two (2) weeks ago, providing all the proof of purchase, proof of delivery, etc documentation. I even explained to them that I'm not even looking to recoup the full cost of the brake system, as the SSBC website states there is a 25% restocking fee. It is not difficult to figure the cost of the refund (cost - (.25)(cost)) = refund. I didn't understand why the last time I was actually able to speak with someone at their office, the guy made it seem like it was rocket science. At this point I am working all angles.
When I was on the phone placing the order for the system, the transaction to charge my card was done in a matter of seconds while I was still on the phone. I'm only expecting somewhat of a similar effort/courtesy when it is time to refund a person's money.

they're stringing you so that they can get out of the CC chargeback/refund window.

call your CC now and get the process rolling. they had ample time to come correct, they are aware of the situation-- they sent you a RMA and have email correspondence.

SSBC has always been dogshit top to bottom and always will be.

they're stringing you so that they can get out of the CC chargeback/refund window.

call your CC now and get the process rolling. they had ample time to come correct, they are aware of the situation-- they sent you a RMA and have email correspondence.

SSBC has always been dogshit top to bottom and always will be.
Will call the CC again for a follow-up on my Case #.

Thanks to everyone for the input!

You know the old saying. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'd be squeakin like a ****. lol
You are correct.

The CC Company just stated that my case is still "under review". Apparently each case is subject to 30 Calendar Days for review, so I have until 27 October for a resolution from the CC Company. SMH

You are correct.

The CC Company just stated that my case is still "under review". Apparently each case is subject to 30 Calendar Days for review, so I have until 27 October for a resolution from the CC Company. SMH
I'd sure remind them.....like a couple of times a week. Squeak squeak.

This is SSBC 2.0 and it sounds like they're even worse than the original.
All anyone needs to do is a web search to see how they've been screwing people over for years. There are many better alternatives to SSBC.
There should be a category for threads for bad actors who have stolen from FABO members.

Yet, their name is one of the 1st I think of when I hear disc conversions(maybe im thick), them and Dr. Diff. Thankfully, no conversion required from me. I agree and we've been down this road about vendors and reviews, but Fabo gods won't allow it due to possibly missed revenue.
This is SSBC 2.0 and it sounds like they're even worse than the original.
All anyone needs to do is a web search to see how they've been screwing people over for years. There are many better alternatives to SSBC.
There should be a category for threads for bad actors who have stolen from FABO members.

Yet, their name is one of the 1st I think of when I hear disc conversions(maybe im thick), them and Dr. Diff. Thankfully, no conversion required from me. I agree and we've been down this road about vendors and reviews, but Fabo gods won't allow it due to possibly missed revenue.

You shouldn't tarnish DoctorDiff's name by mentioning him in the same sentence with SSBC. DoctorDiff is known for having great parts AND great service. SSBC is known for pretty much the opposite, and has been for quite some time, even before and after going bankrupt and being bought out.

SSBC's kits also include parts that you can't get off the shelf, so if they go out of business again you'd have to source your own machining to replace your rotors. DoctorDiff's kits pretty much all use off the shelf parts for their wearable components, with only the non wearing parts being custom. A better set up all around.

You are correct.

The CC company will usually try to follow up on the transaction. Also, just have the charges reversed. SSBC has your money and your parts, their re-stocking fee is their problem and if they're not going to refund your money in a timely manner it's not your problem to dictate to the CC company their re-stocking fee. It's easier to just reverse the charges. If SSBC was worried about the restocking fee, they should have handled their business.

Well, I wasn't tarnishing anybody name lol. I simply stated those 2 names, but infer whatever you want. I know what rep Dr Diff has.
You shouldn't tarnish DoctorDiff's name by mentioning him in the same sentence with SSBC. DoctorDiff is known for having great parts AND great service. SSBC is known for pretty much the opposite, and has been for quite some time, even before and after going bankrupt and being bought out.

SSBC's kits also include parts that you can't get off the shelf, so if they go out of business again you'd have to source your own machining to replace your rotors. DoctorDiff's kits pretty much all use off the shelf parts for their wearable components, with only the non wearing parts being custom. A better set up all around.

The CC company will usually try to follow up on the transaction. Also, just have the charges reversed. SSBC has your money and your parts, their re-stocking fee is their problem and if they're not going to refund your money in a timely manner it's not your problem to dictate to the CC company their re-stocking fee. It's easier to just reverse the charges. If SSBC was worried about the restocking fee, they should have handled their business.

-
Back