Stack Injection for a 383

-

Dorian

dorian
Reaction score
I am interested in going to stack injectors on my 383 Barracuda. I found the Hilborn site, I was wondering if there were any other companies that make stack style fuel injection.

I am interested in going to stack injectors on my 383 Barracuda. I found the Hilborn site, I was wondering if there were any other companies that make stack style fuel injection.

Kinsler, Weber, and host of old European companies (most of them long gone now)

Your biggest hurdle will be find a manifold.

sscuda

get a 6 pak intake and adapt weber carbs to it,,wil look kool and run good,,if you go to stacked injection you will need to either convert and old style set over to electronic or get a new style electronic set up,,the old school stack injection is not designed to run at partical throttle,,it is designed to run wide open,

i know some guys that that race modified dirt cars,, hilborn stack mechaniacl injection,,they tried to adapt it to run on the street,,it doesnt like running partical throtle,,,

there was a charger built for sema, steve throb built it,,used the 6 pak intake and weber carbs,,, look for inglese web ste on webers,,and look at the price,,,,,,,,,OUCH

Someone once told me a smallblock Chevy injection manifold will work on RB engines as the port spacing is the same. Assuming that's true, you're opn to awhole bunch of manifolds---- Kinsler, Crower, Enderle, Lucas are probably the best known. I'd check out "Ron's Injection Service" in Tucson,Az. or Kinsler Injection as they service almost anything & have tons of experience setting them up & have a huge parts dept.

There are companies that will make any thing you want but be prepared to pay for it. A custom electronic stack injection system with attendent electronics and all will cost you upwards of $4K plus you'll have to tune it yourself with a laptop afterwards. Not an easy task in itself.

Sorry guys I should have stated that I use my car for the 1/4 mile, so mechanical injection is what I am looking for. I priced out hilborn, they are around 2725.00 new.

http://www.hilborninjection.com/product.asp?Id=382&CatId=190

But I am not sold on the "look" of them. I like the offset tubes that you see on BBC. I know call me crazy, I will probably go with the straight stacks.

I think the "offset" look you're talking about is the staggered height of the tubes. The offset is based on the ports, so unless you've figured a way to use big-block Chevy heads on a mopar you ARE stuck. The stagger you're referring to is actually a Crower intake & the tube length is based on the torque the motor needs to make & how each cylinder is performing. You can use different height tubes, but again the height is determined by cylinder performance & is based on the fact the manifold runners aren't equal length on a Chevy--it's an attempt to even the flow out.

http://www.alsblowers.com/bigin600-3.html

regal_e1_big.jpg

bigin600-3.jpg

thats like stuffing a sock in your pants.... lmao!!

-
Back