Stage V Hemi conversion ?

-

ateam

A motor can
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone bought/run, this set-up ? I made about 2 dozen calls ,last year, asking when? Never got an answer. Anybody else ? Thanks, ateam.

I have an email from them somewhere about it, I will look for it. If I remember right by the time you were done it was almost ascostly as a regular Hemi. Needs custom pistons and one off rockers, from what I remember. I will start looking for it.....

I thought you could purchase just their heads and install them on a 440
I have been curious about this.

There is more to it than just bolting them on. I found the email...the complete price list is to large to post, pm for a copy....

Attachments

• stagevhemiconversion.pdf
    13.6 KB · Views: 865
naw, there's a boatload of custom stuff involved. some kinda special oiling piping and whatnot. Like was said earlier, just about as expensive as runnin a sho nuff HEMI.

The drain line kit is $140.00 from Stage V. The pdf I attached is a price list, plus a list of recommended parts. From what little I have read about it, it would be real close to the price of building a regular Hemi. A couple people have said that you have to grind for pushrod clearance and that you end up hitting a water jacket....

The drain line kit is $140.00 from Stage V. The pdf I attached is a price list, plus a list of recommended parts. From what little I have read about it, it would be real close to the price of building a regular Hemi. A couple people have said that you have to grind for pushrod clearance and that you end up hitting a water jacket....

Well that's about as worthless as can be.

I guess my thinking is, the 440 blocks are reasonable, as is most of the parts in them, put the Hemi name and parts double in price?

No, the hemi parts you have to install are double the price. And they are going into a block that's weaker. This conversion had it's time, but it's cheaper and better now to get a new one. You do save a little cash now, but it's not worth the headache. They came out long before inexpensive stroked rotating kits for RBs, and before new Hemi blocks. Back then they were cheaper by about 30%. Now I'd say the number is closer to 10% with some headaches.

Lot's of them to go around. Why aren't we seing more installations ?8)

I thought you were talking about the gen II hemi , now your subject line says Gen III >???

-
Back