stall converter

-

downsr

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good stall converter company they have dealt with.Like to get the right one the first time.

Give Lenny at Ultimate converters a call he's the best in the business,,704-892-6837...

Thanks i will check them out

Just be sure when you order a TC that you are 100% honest about what your intentions are for the car. Give them all of the specs, weight, engine specs, rear gear, rear tire height, how it's to be driven street--street/strip etc.

The better the info the better the TC will perform for you. Nice to see you doing it right the first time, some folks don't and are disappointed.

i used dynamic and it was dead on first time around..

if you go with dynamic,ptc or ultimate i don't see how you can go wrong with any of them..

like already stated. you have to be 100% honest about your combo and intended use or you will not be happy.

Turbo Action. These guys deal with mopars ! Call them and tell them your engine, cars weight, gearing etc. etc. and they will build you a converter that works. Don't waste your money on those cheap off the shelf converters.

Turbo Action. These guys deal with mopars ! Call them and tell them your engine, cars weight, gearing etc. etc. and they will build you a converter that works. Don't waste your money on those cheap off the shelf converters.

Yeah, and they deal with Chevy and for too, just like everyone else....

I'm not sure if turbo action makes custom convertors for your specific application. Not saying they don't but everything on their site reads like they have a variety of off the shelf convertors that will come close to what you need. For example "Converters are available in three versions: Loose, Medium and Tight"

Dynamic had me send them the dyno sheets along with all the car specs and usage. They have a torque convertor dyno and they will tell you the EXACT specs on the convertor and when its in the car, it does exactly what they say it will. Mine flashed to 3900-4100RPM on they're dyno and in my car. It drove normal on the street.

I just bought a HUGHES 27-20 (2000 rpm stall) from Summit Racing Parts......very satisfied.

Can anyone recommend a good stall converter company they have dealt with.Like to get the right one the first time.

Make sure the converter suits your application. Cam Specs, engine specs, diff. ratio, tire size etc. Whoever you order the converter from should ask you specific questions, and if they don't avoid them. If you want, send me a PM along with your home email address and I'll email you back with a converter specification sheet we used at my employer prior to retirement. An off the shelf unit might work, or might not.

-
Back