Started mini tubing the cuda

-

67barracuda

Reaction score
I had welder problems this weekend so I didn't finish welding in the boxes for the spring relocation. But, I did start mini tubing the car. :mrgreen:

I also got my rear rims and tires.

Check my album for pictures.

That looks so familiar, just remember, that stuff will weld good if it is cleaned up. Keep up the good work man!

I got two Q's for ya,One why do u have so many,what looks to be spring mounts in the relo kit?Two what are the specs for those rims?
MIKE

The extra holes are for raising and lowering the car, the 4th single hole is 1" back for the stock location to better center the wheel in the wheel well.

The rims are 15 x 10's.

When we did mine we just fab'd up new inners instead of just splitting the factory inner well. Worked out pretty good and were able to reattatch the trunk hinges.

Guitar Jones said:
When we did mine we just fab'd up new inners instead of just splitting the factory inner well. Worked out pretty good and were able to reattatch the trunk hinges.

Thats how Im thinking of doing mine. If not I'll use aftermarket tubs. I think the streched stock tubs will look funny. You'll be able to see them in the back of a Fastback.

Yes, I think that might be easier. Because the floor changes shape, I am having to fill voids between the bottom outer well and the trunk floor. Some are a couple inches.
I finished the drivers side and started the passangers yesterday. I can take a couple of pictures of the unfilled void areas if you would like. It might help you decide.

-
Back