Starter problem.

-

trebor75

Reaction score
The starter worked fine earlier today. I was tuning the engine and stopped and started a couple of times when it gave in. First it would sound like it would not engage fully and make that rattling noise against the cogs, then it only clicked. I turned the engine by hand and tried again, the exakt same thing.
I have a fresh battery but tried another with no luck. Could it be a ground fault? Not too familiar with electrical issues, any suggestions on how to start ruling out faults?

...........The cable may b loose on the starter, or the starter may b loose from the block, may need a new starter.....u can try jumping the relay or the wires at the starter...kim............

Turned out to be the starter. I actually got it out without having toremove the header! I had to remove the steering linkage though.

buy a starter for a v-6 dakota or any later model magnum powered vehicle, whichever is cheapest. They weigh a lot less, have a higher torque output and use half the power + they are a lot smaller!

-
Back