Starting My Own Website

-

mikesduster

Reaction score
today,my wife and i were driving to her dr.s appt. and she said,"you know,i think we should start our own website for families with children who have a lung disease!!!"......since EMMA has it and we are still going thru it,we could try and help other parents.

the CHRONIC LUNG DISEASE that emma has is pretty rare and to know that theres other people going thru the same thing we are would be nice!!!...my wife has talked to 2 mothers this past week and it really helped them.

NOW??..does anybody know how we can do this??..we dont have any money right now so we would want some sort of free server....ANY help would be great....im NOT asking for money.just help us get in the RIGHT direction!! :thumbup:

Mike -

I'm willing to donate 6 months of hosting for this on my server at no charge. E-mail me for the info: [email protected]

Hey Mike,
thats a cool thing to do to help others that are facing the same problem and you and your wife can help them understand it.

as i know from experience coming from someone facing the same type of illness it is alot easier then trying to understand it from the drs.

and just to have someone to talk to helps alot.

and :thumbup: for mikel for his part in getting it going and anybody else that helps.

thanks guys!!!!!....im in tears right now!!!!...i didnt think i was gonna get this much help!!!!!

i will PM mikel and joey!!!

hey you have a darling baby girl there and anything I or my group of guys can do to help you just let me know!
Mike ...hell of a generous offer! but then again its from a mopar fanatic and as we all know when it comes to sharing or caring there isn't a better group any where

OUTLAW said:
hey you have a darling baby girl there and anything I or my group of guys can do to help you just let me know!
Mike ...hell of a generous offer! but then again its from a mopar fanatic and as we all know when it comes to sharing or caring there isn't a better group any where

Mike and Mikel I agree with Outlaw!!!
Anything I can do to help just pm me !!!:salute:

mikesduster said:
NAMES!!!!!!.....what should we call our site/forum????

someone suggested we use a .org so lets hear'em!!!!

EmmasPlace.org

Joey's right ....Emma's Place sounds good but to be found people type in the subject matter for search engines to find so somewhere it should have the subject matter in the title

outlaw is correct on that we all type in what we are looking for in the way of help/answers.

then once you get the people on your site you can then tell them about that little cutie pie.

like i said mike i know what it is only with me its my granddaughter and with her problems i have learned alot from typing in what her problem is.

again good luck

good luck.

Its a nice offer from Nickelback... but you can have free webspace (20MB)from arcor and others as well. The only thing you'd miss is a good domain. You have to buy it or live with home.arcor.com/emma.... for example.

I have similar just to play with pics and stuff like that....

Best wishes,
Michael

-
Back