starting procedure

-

pinkfuzzibunnies

Reaction score
can somebody please tell me the proper way to start my car? it's a 75 dodge dart, slant six with a holley 1945 carb...I've heard that the manuals have the exact way to start it cold/hot and an hour or 2 in....we finally adjusted the carb and i think it's all set right so now we kinda have to learn how to start it all over again cause it used to flood a lot...thank you!!!

so it was running rich if it flooded id start by if it sits for a couple days give it 4-5 pumps. i would say if its the morning start 2-3pump not long pumps just 3 quick pumps and she should start if not an she dies give it two more then try again it helps if u have a manual pull choke to start also. it may take the engine a couple days to get used to running leaner

hot id say it should just start with a lil press on the pedal like u were taking off from a stop worth on the pedal and crank it.

when you press the pedal to the floor before starting it, it will set the choke at high idle. start the car. if you tap the pedal it should knock the idle back down to normal. when its warm, you shouldnt even have to pump it, it should start right up.

when you press the pedal to the floor before starting it, it will set the choke at high idle. Start the car. If you tap the pedal it should knock the idle back down to normal. When its warm, you shouldnt even have to pump it, it should start right up.

x2

thank you very much, it's starting right up great...still haven't learned the best way on hot, but at least it's not flooding anymore so it's much easier :)

-
Back