stat gasket

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Nedd a little refreasher here.Should the gasket go on the intake first than the stat,or stat first than gasket.

Most are stat first then gasket but it can vary with intakes. I had one that had a groove for the thermostat to sit in so naturally the stat went first on it

Snake,
Yes, the stock thermostat housing has a releif in it for the thermostat. If you're using a stock housing, install the thermostat in the housing first, then install (use sealant here) the gasket onto the housing. Once it's dry enough to stay together, install it on the intake manifold with a little more sealant.
I would also recommend sanding the aluminum housing on a piece of sandpaper laid flat on a bench to eliminate any warpage of the stock thermostat housing.

George

Snake,
Yes, the stock thermostat housing has a releif in it for the thermostat. If you're using a stock housing, install the thermostat in the housing first, then install (use sealant here) the gasket onto the housing. Once it's dry enough to stay together, install it on the intake manifold with a little more sealant.
I would also recommend sanding the aluminum housing on a piece of sandpaper laid flat on a bench to eliminate any warpage of the stock thermostat housing.

George

Thanks for the tips,I am useing a stock houseing and it has the releif in it what you said makes sence and that is how I will install it.thanks again the booth of you that replyed.

-
Back