Stearing column how two.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
How do I remove the p r n d 2 3 nub.I am putting in a floor shift so I would like to clean up the column ,then paint.Is there any problems with doing it.I know its not the right way to do this ,but I dont want to get a floor shift column.

There used to be a thread either here or over at bigblockdart.com about cutting the nub off and filling it. Have a look, you might find it.

It's very easy to do. I did mine and it didn't take long at all. I started with a hacksaw and roughly cut off the unneeded parts. Then I used gradually finer files until I got to emery cloth then sand paper to smooth it out. I used garden variety epoxy to fill the holes, then smoothed them out with filler. I am very happy with how it turned out.

Cley

huh - me be schooled again.. honestly, not something I have ever even considered - I will say though that the view from here is NO NEED - I have one (floor shift column) if I really need it and the Scamp has a race car steering system in it - - so it is what it is.. learn something new every day :glasses7:

I have done it using the link posted and worked and looks great!

However after I did it I found an original if you want it for $20cad + ship, nothing wrong with it just needs stripped and paint.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?requestSource=b&adId=1118467775&siteLocale=en_CA

you'll still need to work your shifter part though, just a thought as it would save a little bit of work for you

Hey i will keep that in mind,we will see how it turns out.

Ok this is how far i got with the hack saw,hopefully i can make it look good.Thanks all my FABO family.:D

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 151
It must be easy! Even I can do it!

Attachments

• 20150609_193538.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 151
  • steering column 7.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 121
  • steering column 6.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 135
  • steering column 5.jpg