Steel Wheel ID

-

Detroit Iron

Reaction score
I'm considering buying these wheels, but I can't really tell the width. They are said to have come off a '66 Satellite, but I believe they are newer than '66 because of the additional holes in the bolt circle.

They are stamped 65 at the valve stem, and 65 on the back side. Anybody have any insight? Thank you.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Well, as you know, you have to remove the tire to see the size stamping. But you can measure the width through the center hole by setting a short straightedge against the flange on either side and measuring from one to the other. But then you have to subtract the flange width, because wheels are measured on the inside of the flange, not the outside.

I think the 14” B-body rims take a larger diameter dog dish cap, the common 9” ones won’t fit....that is if you want to run those style caps

Go by a tire store and have them measure the wheels.

but I believe they are newer than '66 because of the additional holes in the bolt circle.

I'm not sure what you mean by this...I'm not an expert on the stampings, but that sure looks to me like it could have come off a 66 Satellite, in which case they would likely be 14x5-1/2?? I'll see what I can find.... they do look like they take the big poverty caps, so 80`s mopars would be out.

-
Back