Steel wheel paint

-

Gear_Driven

Making Mashed Potato's
Reaction score
Heres one for you guys. I'm in the process of restoring some old steelies to put on my Duster, and have got as far as the paint. I've done some steelies in the past and just painted them with standard rattle can semi-gloss black, and well, they never quite "looked right." :dontknow:
Whats a good rattle-can black that seems to match the right glossy..ness of the factory black?
Anyone try Eastwoods wheel paint?
I'm not really setup to do a proper spray job, any my current schedule leaves me no time or money to take 'em to a paint shop, so...:munky2:

I'm pleased with the Eastwood products I have used. Doesn't include black wheel paint though.

Spray will never look or hold up as good as paint from a gun. Its way to thin.

I have how ever heard good things about Eastwood Paints but have never tried them.

Thanks guys
Spray will never look or hold up as good as paint from a gun. Its way to thin.
Yeah, thats the downside to it, but if it lasts for at least a couple of years (read: one set of tires:burnout:) then I'll be pleased.

i painted my steelies with a satin black and they have held up pretty good. Its almost been a year and they look like they did when i first painted them. I used a spray can from wal-mart to do it. Its just temporary until my dad wins the lottery and i can buy some new wheels.

I have been powder coating all my rims gloss black.

But painting the steel wheels the color of the car looks real good !!!!!

081_81.JPG

ive used engine enamel. Its hard and resists whatever you throw at it. 4000 miles later my rims still look great

Just don't do what my cousin did, he just took the first can of black paint he found at Wal-Mart and only after he sprayed his wheels did he realize it was "wrinkle" paint. His wheels were alway covered with dust in the wrinkles.

-
Back