[WANTED] Steel wheels...15 x 8, 4.5 BP, 5" to 5.5" BS...

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dusterdoug

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
I know it's a long shot, but...

I'm looking for a pair of 15 x 8 OE type steel wheels with a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. Need back space of anywhere from 5" to 5.5".

Cash in hand, or...have a pair of BRAND NEW 15 x 7's, 5 on 4 bolt pattern with a 4.5" back space to trade.

I know it's a long shot, but...

I'm looking for a pair of 15 x 8 OE type steel wheels with a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. Need back space of anywhere from 5" to 5.5".

Cash in hand, or...have a pair of BRAND NEW 15 x 7's, 5 on 4 bolt pattern with a 4.5" back space to trade.

Doug,

Here's two additional options for you.

1) Buy a set from one of several wheel vendors (i.e. Wheel Vintiques or even closer ... Stockton Wheel (which is located right in between our locations). They basically take OEM centers and weld them into bigger/wider hoops.

2) If you do come across any 15x8s (with OEM backspacing), you can do what the companies above do and have someone cut the centers out and re-weld them to where you need them to be.

Good luck.

Doug,

Here's two additional options for you.

1) Buy a set from one of several wheel vendors (i.e. Wheel Vintiques or even closer ... Stockton Wheel (which is located right in between our locations). They basically take OEM centers and weld them into bigger/wider hoops.

2) If you do come across any 15x8s (with OEM backspacing), you can do what the companies above do and have someone cut the centers out and re-weld them to where you need them to be.

Good luck.

I did leave a VM with Wheel Vintiques sales today, but no return call yet. Sockton wheel? I'm not so sure about that one. I know they opened back up after Frank's death, but I hear "50/50" success stories. I did talk to them today and I was told, "Yea, I think I got all the parts. Order them and maybe be a couple of weeks...". I'm going to drop by there and see what it "feels" like now under new ownership, so we'll see. The mopardude in KS told me at least 60 days, saying his supplier was short core wheels. So while I was shopping around, I thought I take chance in the ads.

I did leave a VM with Wheel Vintiques sales today, but no return call yet. Sockton wheel? I'm not so sure about that one. I know they opened back up after Frank's death, but I hear "50/50" success stories. I did talk to them today and I was told, "Yea, I think I got all the parts. Order them and maybe be a couple of weeks...". I'm going to drop by there and see what it "feels" like now under new ownership, so we'll see. The mopardude in KS told me at least 60 days, saying his supplier was short core wheels. So while I was shopping around, I thought I take chance in the ads.

Well, I guess there is always the second option if you can locate any (if not WV or SWS). I had good luck with the new owner of SWS shortly after they reopened.

The mopardude in KS told me at least 60 days, saying his supplier was short core wheels. So while I was shopping around, I thought I take chance in the ads.

when i bought the wheels for jamies dart 15x7 with custom backspace i called the mopar dude and decided not to use him.. its a used center so it may not be in the best shape it can be, he only takes paypal and charges you the 3% so you have to add that into his advertised price and i just didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling talking to him..

i ended up getting them from wheel vintiques and couldn't be happier.. he told me upfront that it would be 6 weeks because of the custom backspace and thats pretty much what it took.. entire rim is brand new.. very nice product.. dog dishes fit perfect too...

it was $25 a wheel for a custom backspace.

DSC_0279.JPG

DSC_0280.JPG

DSC_0087.JPG

i didn't buy the mopardudes.. i bought wheel vintiques.. if i remember they were real close to the same price in the end..

my rims were around $125 each plus shipping. i know the receipt is around here somewhere but i don't see it in the book i have for the car.. it was an extra $20-$25 a rim for the custom backspace.. they are made at a 4" backspace and i wanted 4.5" backspace.. wish i had gone 4.75" backspace

Joe, is Mopardude located I'm Madera, CA? How much were the wheels out the door (not including SH)?

here is his info.. like i said i wasn't impressed when talking to him on the phone.. his 15x7 is $135 with any backspace.. WV brand new wheel is cheaper then that. but with my custom backspace it puts it real close to his price.. but i got a brand new rim from WV. then you have to add the paypal fees to his price...

The Mopar Dude
9.gif

1465 N US Hwy 75
Burlington, KS 66839-9108

Mopar OE Wheels

Stock, standard steel factory wheels are available in gloss or satin black, or raw steel for you to paint to match your car or take to your favorite powdercoating service. Custom backspacing no extra charge. OE wheels accept the later style 9" hubcaps (cop car, 'poverty' caps). If backspacing needs to be less than 4.25" the wheels will need to be 'reversed'.

BIG (4.5") BOLT PATTERN

15 X 7 $135

15 X 8 $145

15 X 10 $165

15 X 12 $185

15 X 14 $200

SMALL (4.0") BOLT PATTERN

15 X 6 $135

15 X 7 $145

15 X 8 $155

We also offer a service that will allow you to use your original 14" full wheel covers on a 15" wheel (66-69 Chargers with full wheelcovers, 67-69 Darts/Barracudas--just about anything that had 14" steel wheels and full wheel covers that they only offered in 14's). Add $100 per wheel.

here ya go.. found my receipt.. looks like the price went up like $6 since i got mine..

WV was actually cheaper even with the custom backspace. then add paypal fees to the mopar dude and they get quite a bit cheaper from WV.. shipping was expensive at both places.

70 dart rim reciept.jpg

here is his info.. like i said i wasn't impressed when talking to him on the phone.. his 15x7 is $135 with any backspace.. WV brand new wheel is cheaper then that. but with my custom backspace it puts it real close to his price.. but i got a brand new rim from WV. then you have to add the paypal fees to his price...

The Mopar Dude
9.gif

1465 N US Hwy 75
Burlington, KS 66839-9108

Thanks for the info Joe. Also, was asking about the Mopar Dude because there seems to be several vendors using that name. There is one in CALIF (near WV) that sells their wheels. I was curious to see if it was him that you priced the wheels with. Now I see it's another vendor in Kansas. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back