Steele rubber products

-

MIKERP76

Reaction score
a few days ago i asked the if they produced the windshiel gasket for my 67 valiant. of course they don't but they did say they wanted to start prodution on it. i just have to send them my old gasket and a template of the windshield.

They are a reputable company, I sent them some "old & dry" wing window rubbers from my old Studebaker street rod. They asked for measurements which I sent, low & behold I found them at the old Pate swap meet in Benbrook, TX. I told the rep that I thought they had reproduced them off of my old ones. He checked the main office, & I got them for $100, instead of the $150 asking price.

i thjnk they are going to actually make them as a regualr production part. the only down side is it won't be ready till spring 2017

Yeah, that was the down side. But I was really amazed that they actually had them at that particular swap meet.

i do realize it takes time to make the molds and lots of R&D just to make sure it fits properly. so it is well worth the wait time to get a top quality part that is going to be totally correct for the year make and model.

The ONLY place to get original 67 lockstrip is Precision.
Steele has their own style of 67 gasket that only accepts THEIR lockstrip.
The 2 cant be mixed together.
Pain in the arse and Precision is pricey

currently no one is making teh rubber for the 67 valiant 2 door sedans they are a one year onlt part. they do have the 68 and up available. which i have but it doesn't fit quite right due to needing all of the related trim on those cars. i have been searching for the rubber since i got the car 5 years ago. and it's the same issue for the rear window as well. but that is the joy of owning a 67 car. lots of one year only parts.

-
Back