steerin wheel a pep boys??

-

69cudafla

Reaction score
i was a pep boys yeserday and found he GT steerin wheels and they are sposed to fit in a 69 bcuda was wonderin if anybody has one of those kits in their cuda or any a body actually if ya do pos some pics i;m leanin towards the mahogony one myself

The kits are pretty straightforward. I've had grant wheels in a few of my cars and never had a problem, aside from the stupid way the horn button attaches. Loctite is your friend in this case.

I'm straying from your exact question here but just thought I'd say Wheelskins makes really nice leather covers in lots of colors. Check out their website. I covered my cracked wheel on my Fury and it looked great and the way it felt was so much better. Your car sounds so sweet and sometimes aftermarket steering wheels can look cheesy, IMO.

yeah the cuda has a grey leatrer wrapped wheel but from the looks of it i think it might be black wood grain but not sure did 69 slant 6's come with the woodgrain?

I looked at your photos you posted and it looks like you have the sport steering wheel. This wheel is much rarer than the standard wheel. My suggestion would be to remove the cover, fix whatever cracks that the wheel may have in it and run that one.

If you are looking for a more comfortable wheel, Grant makes a wheel that is very similar to what your wheel looks like and has a nice comfortable rubber rim. The diameter is also slightly smaller which will feel much better but won't block the gauges like some of the smaller wheels do. Be careful about the woodgraiin wheel diameter. You may find yourself having to look around the rim to see what speed you are going.

-
Back