steering colum help

-

milehivaliant

Reaction score
Have a 62 valiant, wondering if a steering w/tilt for a ol'e Chevy truck will work in my valiant or do you know what after mkt will. Work. Thanks for your help

It will look out of place and is bulky, so you will have to make new brackets to hold it under the dash. You will have 2 ignition switches depending on the year you get and if you have column shift, that will take some engineering to get to work. You will also have to adapt the GM ragjoint to work on the Mopar steering box. What year GM are you thinking?

Thanks for the info. However not really looking to go to that much work, know of any aftermkt steering colums for a 62 Valiant, it has 3 on the tree now but wanting to put in a 4 speed or auto. in it. any info will help. thanks

Not sure about 62, but 63-66(maybe even later) mopar should fit easy. 64/65 Barracuda all have shiftless columns, if going to floorshift. At least all I have seen.

I forgot to reread the original post. Forget what I said about the A-body column since you want tilt. I will check the difference between my 65 column and 76 tilt column.

On your 62, does the gauge cluster have a notch for the column?

Flaming river or ididit sells tilt colums wouldnt be hard to install, or look out of place.

-
Back