steering column bushing 73 duster

-

73moparman

Reaction score
Does any one out there know how to install a steering column bushing? Or at least how to get the coupler off the end of the steering shaft??

The coupler is held on the steering gear shaft with a roll pin. (see roll pin hole on the far left) I had to remove the column from the car to remove the steering shaft to shoe pin. (you can't get the bushing up the shaft with the pin in place) I think it would have been easier to remove the shaft from the column, replace the bushing and re assemble. That cross pin was in there tight. Hopefully someone will chime in that has done one on your model. tmm

Attachments

• Coupler.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 766
Everyone does think differently I guess. I wont touch a box coupling unless I need to rebuild it. Its easier for me to take the top end apart and drop the shaft out the bottom.

Don't know about the bushing. The cover on the coupler is just held on by the bent tabs. Just below it on one side is a small pin you need to drive in. After that just slide it off. To go any further you need to press the big pin through the shaft. I rebuilt my coupler , but left that cross pin in.

-
Back