-
Status
Not open for further replies.

rymanrph

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I have a '68 Barracuda with steering column issues. I'd like to go ahead and convert it to a floor shifter from the column shift. My car has power steering. Let me know what you have. Thanks.

What are the issues? It's easier and cheaper to change the collars than the whole column.

I can't get the upper collar to secure to the column. I think I have all the parts, but they don't want to play nice together. When I bought the car, the square nuts that hold the upper collar in place were gone, so I got some off of a member here, but no matter what I do, I can't get them to hold everything together. The turn signal cam broke as well and the aftermarket one I installed doesn't work well. The gear indicator area is worn out and looks awful. It's not the original column to the car, so I think its just been pieced together and I'm afraid that some part of it isn't right.

I have a floor shift column out of a 68 Cuda with power steering.

woody30 - I sent you a PM and haven't heard back from you. Check it out and get back to me - thanks.

I have a center console with almost complete linkage for floor shift I even have the weld in brackets too! The only thing I think is missing is the last linkage piece that hooks to tranny. I also have brand new shifter if interested, the original shifter is the one on the linkage so take a look and let me know if interested I can make you a killer package deal.

Attachments

• 20140912_193750.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 121
  • 20140912_193802.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 20140912_193833.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 124
  • 20140912_193936.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 20140912_193949.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 20140912_193901.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 20140912_193917.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 139
I'm pretty sure I'm going with an aftermarket shifter, but I haven't decided if I want to use it in conjunction with a factory console. I'll keep you in mind when I make up my mind.

Yeah I used a factory console with my Hurst quarter stick ratchet shifter and it worked out great and looks like it came that way LOL! So if you want the console let me know can make you a great deal!

David's column isn't exactly what I'm looking for and Woody hasn't responded to me. Still looking. Thanks.

Ryan, tried to PM you but your box is full. I went to box up the column today and the shaft fell out the bottom so I guess you'll have to keep looking. Sorry. Anybody have an idea what could be the problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back