steering column rebuild in progress

-

tyler_s18

k-member
Reaction score
i am rebuilding a steering column. its floor shift and shoule be for my 75 scamp. i bought it on here but it looks different then my 75 column shift. i will try to put a pic on here. my question is is this the right column and how do i get the middle shaft out and what should i look up to get new bearings? i work at autozone so i will try to get them thru there. and will the ignition switch work from my column shift column? that way i could stick with my key. thanks tyler

That looks like the column I just got done rebuilding but mine is a 73. You can still get the upper bearing from ebay or a couple mopar resto sites sell them for about $30. The lower bearing is a different story. Yours is going to be in a metal sleeve with the bearing inside. You can get a similar replacement bearing from an 80's full size dodge van from the dealership. It wont look exactly the same but it should work.

Get a factory service manual or do a search on here, you can find the steps involved of disassembling it.

-
Back