Steering column rubber tube?

-

Hell_Fish

Reaction score
So, Im getting very close to rebuilding my steering column. I was not able to save the rubber tube on the column. What could I use to replace it or does someone sell it?

If it's the one that insulates the column from the dash, I've used a section of innertube out of a motorcyle wheel.

If you mean the seal on the end in the engine compartment soft seal makes it. But I would imagine cudamark is right you meen the one inside.

Yeah I guess it is the piece that goes between the dash and column. I guess I can reuse the one I have then. Thanks.

If its the tube and the shaft, no one makes that seal. I used a CV Boot. Keeps the heat out of the tube going up in the passenger compartment.

If its the tube and the shaft, no one makes that seal. I used a CV Boot. Keeps the heat out of the tube going up in the passenger compartment.
Just go to a Mopar car show/swap meet coming up soon in your area. I've found them for as cheap as $35 for the repops. Since you have to disassemble the column, it's a good time to restore it.

Luckly the column is simple. I got the lower seal from ebay for $45. The firewall seal was under $20. For some reason I forgot that the 6" long seal was for the dash to column mating. I was thinking it went under the bell to help protect the wiring.

-
Back