steering column upper bearing isolator sleeve (Rubber)

-

mopar74

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does any one have a source for the steering column upper bearing isolator sleeve? This is for a 1969 Valiant. I can find the bearing on line but have had no luck finding the isolator. May be the new bearing has a larger OD and would not need the isolator, I don't know may be some one will know.
Thanks in advance
Kevin

Well with a little ingenuity and luck I was able to solve the problem with the rubber bearing isolator. I used a piece of an inner tube from a motorcycle tire and pushed it in beside the bearing for a nice fit. With the bearing retainer and snap ring reinstalled the rubber will not come out. Now waiting for my turn signal switch to arrive and finish up the steering column mods, I eliminated the shifter handle hole and the PRND21 selector as it its an auto on the floor. Hopefully this can help some one in the future. Kevin
IMG_0930.JPG
IMG_0931.JPG

Last edited:
Is it the rubber ring see at the right of the parts here?
It is the same parts on all Mopar columns at that time, not just A-Body
The bearing is readily available.
2015-09-19_018.jpg

Alan

that's the one, no issue getting the bearing but can't seem to locate the rubber isolator ( no longer produced, so I hear)

just about anybody with a spare column will have that part, not sure the year range but it was used across the board in 69.

Alan

Thank you and a great price. Also a good price on the side marker lenses for the 69 Valiant.

-
Back