Steering Column Water Leakage

-

pacuda59

pacuda59
Reaction score
After flushing my radiator this weekend and taking a drive with the flush, I noticed I had lost my overflow tube resulting in over-spray throughout the engine compartment. I hosed it down thoroughly and notices a puddle on the floor (no carpet) where it had leaked where the steering column meets the firewall. In the parts manual they show a plate on the inside of the firewall but no gasket. There's also a seal in the diagram. Is the seal supposed to keep the water out? Has anyone replaced one?

After flushing my radiator this weekend and taking a drive with the flush, I noticed I had lost my overflow tube resulting in over-spray throughout the engine compartment. I hosed it down thoroughly and notices a puddle on the floor (no carpet) where it had leaked where the steering column meets the firewall. In the parts manual they show a plate on the inside of the firewall but no gasket. There's also a seal in the diagram. Is the seal supposed to keep the water out? Has anyone replaced one?

I seem to remember them having a rubber gasket/grommet type thing around them and you had to pull the steering column to replace it.
I could be remembering something else though.

-
Back