Steering column

-

70net440

Reaction score
Are any of you running an aftermarket race specific steering column? Maybe with a quick disconnect wheel? What brand and how is the install?

Check into some of the stuff Sweet Mfg. makes. Nice stuff, most columns have a tube clamp that connects to a dash bar of the cage but you could fab something different

Thanks for the tip. I looked at those on Speedway. Do they make a coupler to connect to a Mopar manual box?

Thanks for the tip. I looked at those on Speedway. Do they make a coupler to connect to a Mopar manual box?

I doubt it. My gut tells me if you're worried about the weight of the steering column you need to compare that heavy *** steering box and linkage to a manual rack. Just my opinion

something I came up with because it was to tight to get in and out.

Attachments

• steering wheel and fire bottle 004.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 157
  • steering wheel and fire bottle 003.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 150
  • steering wheel and fire bottle 002.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 146
  • steering wheel and fire bottle 001.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 141
Yea I'm more interested in a removable wheel than any weight savings. The column in my race car is in mint condition. I was going to replace the one in my son's Dart with the one from the race car and upgrade the race car.

Yea I'm more interested in a removable wheel than any weight savings. The column in my race car is in mint condition. I was going to replace the one in my son's Dart with the one from the race car and upgrade the race car.

Okay, that train of thought I understand lol my mistake... I remember my dad's old drag car dart had the most perfect sill plates I've ever seen! never did grab them:violent1:

Yea, the dash pad is perfect too. I'll let him stand on his head to swap that out though.

yes, count the splines its a u-joint, weld on one side and slide over the steering box, I did this in my Dart and used the oversizes heim and made a bracket to bolt under the dash to support it, you will lose or have to rig a different turn signal. it loses a lot of weight and makes more room for headers.

Not worried about turn signals. This is a track only car. I'll check out RJ's, thanks.

-
Back