Steering gear box and high pressure hose

-

spike188

Reaction score
Hey all:

Looking to replace the power steering gearbox on my 69 barracuda,the 5.2l 318 LA. I haven't had a lot of luck online finding the gearbox and high pressure hose. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Spike

Guys, thanks for the input. The FF box would be great but problem is it would cost almost as much for the part to ship it here. That is a big problem living out here. We do have a NAPA parts store. They don't have a lot of stock but they are able to ship things in that I would have to pay an arm and a leg for.

Anyone have any exp. with reman gear boxes and the like from them?

The NAPA gear box 391036 states it fits on my 69 Barracuda, but there are a lot of parts that state that but don't always fit......

Thanks again!

Attachments

• NAPA reman steering gear box PS.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 1969 Plymouth Barracuda.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 126
We just bought the high pressure hose from our local Napa for our 71 Valiant. It helps to look at the bends of the steel tube on the old ones and match it up with the picture of the new one before ordering...

You can research the internet as there are companies that will make the hose for you if you have the old one

Rebuild kits are pretty cheap, and for shipping purposes,weigh next to nothing.If you go that route, try to get a set of reaction discs, and put 2 more in there,to reduce the assist and firm up the feel.Chrysler boxes are pretty simple to overhaul.You will need instructions tho.

-
Back