Steering Wheel Removal ??

-

6pakattack

Reaction score
OK,got my steering wheel adapter finally,just wondering how to remove the horn section of it now !! Any devine guidance would be greatly appreciated !!!

The center emblem comes out in one piece if you're carefull. I usually hit it with some WD40 and carefully pry it out with a small screw driver. It has a little tongue on one side to index it....I think the left side....I'll have to go grab one to verify. After you get the emblem off, there is a bolt in the center that holds the horn ring on.
Mark

I knew if I guessed it would be wrong! The tongue is actually on the right side so a gentle pry on the left with some lube should do it.

I knew if I guessed it would be wrong! The tongue is actually on the right side so a gentle pry on the left with some lube should do it.

Yup,tongue was on the right !!! Thanks for the info !!! Grant Challenger wheel now installed !!!:cheers::cheers::cheers: The damned horn even works !!! Got to be the first time I've had one work properly !! Next will be my wiper linkage bushings (once they arrive) !!

-
Back