Steering wheels question??

-

myasylum

Reaction score
Well... I decided to look into a new steering wheel. I figured that would be easy enough. I wanted to get a Tuff Wheel, and Grant makes one for a good price. It says for the "E-Body" so I'd need an adapter I assume?
What I didn't realize is that they come in different sizes! Is there a size that would be proper for out cars? I have a 73' Duster. They seem to have 13",14" and 15". It SEEMS like the stock one on there now is 20" lol! IDK?

I am not firm on the Tuff wheel, so if someone has a cool idea or something, let me know!

Thanks much!

all ya need to put the grant ropop tuff wheel on a dart is a rimblow/tuff wheel adapter. the grant adapter is kinda cheesey looking...

tuffwheel003.jpg

tuffwheel006.jpg

tuffwheel009.jpg

tuffwheel010.jpg

The Tuff Wheel I got for the Demon is 13½" in diameter. When the Tuff Wheel was ordered on the 72s, it required power steering. If your car has PS, then go as small as you like. If it it not a PS car, I do not recommend less than the 15" re-pro.

So, is their a purpose to a smaller steering wheel?
15" seems fine to me, but would would the point of a smaller wheel be?
I do have power steering as well. I haven't ordered anything yet, just checking out e-bay and stuff. Everyone seems to like the good ol' Tuff Wheel yet, huh?

So, is their a purpose to a smaller steering wheel?
15" seems fine to me, but would would the point of a smaller wheel be?
I do have power steering as well. I haven't ordered anything yet, just checking out e-bay and stuff. Everyone seems to like the good ol' Tuff Wheel yet, huh?

1. Personal preference appearance-wise.
  2. More room to get fat thighs between steering wheel and seat (LOL)
  3. Reduce over-assisted weighting of steering. (Reduces "numbness" of power steering.)
  4. Not so much a smaller wheel issue per se, but many after market wheels are not deep dish as the stock wheels. This moves the rim of the wheel farther from the driver's chest.

-
Back