step by step lca rebuild

-
There is a video on youtube of closing the spread apart arms and welding on something to reinforce. I say "something" because fancy retail vendor plates aren't really needed. A couple of small pieces of flat bar will do. Since there are options in lower arm bushing materials, The instructions will vary. Determine what bushing you'll use and have those in hand first. Otherwise you might cut out an outer shell that was needed.

I dont think theres anything to rebuild..other than changing the bushings. I just removed it, had them sandblasted and I spray bombed them with plastic-kote cast aluminum paint.

There is a video on youtube of closing the spread apart arms and welding on something to reinforce. I say "something" because fancy retail vendor plates aren't really needed. A couple of small pieces of flat bar will do. Since there are options in lower arm bushing materials, The instructions will vary. Determine what bushing you'll use and have those in hand first. Otherwise you might cut out an outer shell that was needed.

Yes, that is my video, but I do not have one doing the bushings.

I dont think theres anything to rebuild..other than changing the bushings. I just removed it, had them sandblasted and I spray bombed them with plastic-kote cast aluminum paint.

Could be a lot to do beyond the bushing, in my opinion...

Could be a lot to do beyond the bushing, in my opinion...

The arms do slowly spread apart at the bushing end. Thus the repair and reinforcement.
Replacing the bushing is easier said than done. Improper support in the press can destroy the bushing. Then tightening the pivot pin in the wrong position can also destroy a new bushing. Nothing wrong with research.

-
Back