Still buffing away on my Roadrunner

-

troyintahoe

Reaction score
I'm still plugging along with the buffing on the Roadrunner. It is starting to look really nice. I'm gonna restripe it in black when I'm finished. I,ll post a few pics along the way. The first pic is the day I brought it home. It was orange.

The next two pics are from today after a total of 16 hours on the buffer and hand buffing the difficult areas. I also put in a new windshield and a few other new parts.

It's no longer for sale by the way, I'm going to keep it!

2008_1105RR0002.jpg

2009_0307RR70007.jpg

2009_0307RR70003.jpg

Any wet sanding ? you sure have it laying down nize=P~

It is an old Acrylic repaint (Really thick) FE5 Rally red with no clear coat. I was afraid to wet sand it. It is just old fashoned elbow grease. I'm just starting on the medium. I still have the polish and then wax, yet to come. I'm STOKED. Troy

It is an old Acrylic repaint (Really thick) FE5 Rally red with no clear coat. I was afraid to wet sand it. It is just old fashoned elbow grease. I'm just starting on the medium. I still have the polish and then wax, yet to come. I'm STOKED. Troy
Looking good, I would be too :cheers:

It is truely amazing what a weekend with a buffer can do to an old paint job. Your car is looking really good.

Looking great! Lot to be said for a little elbow grease, some times it works wonders. I also don't blame you for keeping it. Congrats!
Matt

Looks good.I sold my 74 runner to get my 69 dart,o ya you did the same as me no bumperets thoes are but ugly.My runner was red withwhite stripes

sweeeeet runner man. the best grease don't come out of the ground. rub-a-dub-dub,it looks awesome.

I used 3m rubbing compound and an 8 inch foam pad on my buffer. After the initial cut with the 3m, I switched to a medium grit using the same pad. I will finish with a machine polish followed by a hand buff. I still have alot of small areas to cover. I will be restriping it in black and putting the birds back on in the next couple of weeks. I will post up more pics after I stripe it. Thanks for the praise. I had no idea the dull orange could end up a nice, glossy, red. I'm stoked!!!

-
Back