Still Looking 67 cuda hood inserts

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey tekslk, I gotta tell you, these are the single hardest pieces to find in near perfect condition on a 67 Cuda. I am not even going to show you the ones I got for Nellas car, but I can tell you that they were on a perfect hood somebody had at the Nats a couple years ago. He was asking $200.00 for the hood and I watched that hood for most of the day. He must've got a little worried he was gonna have to take it home because when I asked him what his bottom dollar was, he said $125.00. All I wanted was the inserts but I bought the whole hood anyway. As I was carrying it back to my spot, a guy asked how much I paid and I told him. He almost fell over and told me he was going over there to buy it for the full asking price. He offered me $300.00 for the inserts alone, but I needed them for Nellas car, where they still are today. I gave the hood to a friend of mine with a 68 Formula "S" convertible 383 4 speed car, that was hit in the front. OK, heres a couple pics, I've never seen a nicer pair of inserts, but I've seen hundreds of junk ones!!! Good luck with your search, and try to be patient, you may get lucky yet!!! For you, I'll check with my buddy this weekend, he bought a nice barn find 67 over the summer that may have a nice pair. I'll see him this weekend at the big WPC swap meet here in Michigan. I'll report back on saturday evening. Geof

Attachments

• 100_2921.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_2922.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 117
Those would work on my car, I have a couple places to check this weekend also but I thought Ide put the word out a while, thanks for answering wow they look like new.

One thing I never see is the factory light argent colored paint still intact. I've seen a couple nice pairs, but in every case they have been polished and the light paint had been polished right off. Or worse yet, the reliefs have been painted over with black!! My buddy bought the aformentioned 67 barn find to part out. It had been sitting in a barn since the 70's sometime when it was slightly rear-ended. I know the dash was in perfect condition and he made his money back on that assembly alone. I'll check with him and take my camera to photo anything I see there that may fit your bill. There are typically about 200 swappers there so something should turn up. Now, condition???......Geof

There are shops that restore these pieces but you'll have to ship them in for a quote. Good luck

A friend of mine has a set that he had rechromed but they didn't come out like the show quality that he wanted for his 67 rag-top. These would be in the really nice category. If you still need them, let me know and I'll get you my friend's contact information.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back