Stock 65 Valiant Slant Six engine bay pictures?

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
I know it's not a muscle car or even a V8 powered Mopar but does anyone have any restored, or original engine bay shots of the 65 Dart or Valiant with the 225 engine just so I can see how everything should look under the hood of my 65 Valiant. I'm pretty sure most everything is there under the hood of my 65 but the air cleaner which I'm working on. But I like keeping everything wired and routed how it was original. I don't see many 65 Darts or Valiants online at all especially kept stock. My is as plain as it can get. 225, heater, automatic, non-a/c, no power steering, manual drum, radio delete 4-door. That's how it came and that's how I want to return it to. It should be fairly reliable once I get it going again since there's not much to go wrong on it.

Here is a picture of my 65 valiant pretty much bone stock except for the 2 barrell carb.

left side eng.jpg

Picture 033 (Medium).jpg

Here is my 63 Dart. Stock except fot electronic ignition. Wrapped the wiring in some yellow tubing. Hope it helps. Mike

MVC-004S.JPG

So your 63 came with the washer tank? Mine had nothing for washers but I thought it took a jiffy bag and not the plastic tank. Do you have an electric pump or a foot pump?

Here's a pic of mine. It's a 66 but it's a complete and original car (still has the original paint and factory stickers). Not sure if there was any difference under the hood from 65 to 66...

IMG_underhood.JPG

Oops! Forgot about the windshield washer! It's out of a 70's mopar don't remember which one. Ran a couple of wires to a switch under the dash. Works good. Mike

That's pretty much how mine looks already. So I guess I'm ok. There's a few things I'm unsure of. I know 3rd generation B bodies mostly. But I'm still learning about early A-bodies. Mine has a washer tank on the front driver's fender. It looks like it could be original but I don't know if it came with one or did it have a bag originally. I also didn't notice a Certicard on mine. Is it suppose to have one? The previous owner put some awful gray primer that looks more like it was brushed on than sprayed and I want to paint the engine bay back to the original light tan. This one looks a lot easier to paint than my 73 Charger even with the engine installed. I had to paint the engine bay on my Charger with the engine removed and it was still hard to get to some places. It looks like I can just remove everything on the firewall, sand and paint this 65 pretty easy. The front fenders shouldn't be any problem. As long as the engine runs it won't come out. I'll take off the pieces than can be removed, cleaned, blasted and painted. I haven't posted any pictures of it yet because it's nothing to look at. I haven't even cleaned the engine bay. I'm trying to get the car started and moving first. If it all runs and drives good, this thing looks like it will be extremely reliable. There's not much to go out on this thing. I've got a correct radiator cleaned and repainted, and a correct air cleaner to go on. Should there be any decals on my air cleaner? It's the 225.

-
Back