Stock gauges, different look? What have you done?

-

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
Hey people. Well I was going to make my factory gauges to be SILVER faced with Black increments and letters. I was having a friend that works with vinyl remake the stock letters and what not, then I was going to paint the "tin" pieces silver. Unfortunately its not going to happen and I need to come up with some other Ideas.
I am kicking around the idea of painting my stock dash insert silver with chrome trim. Kinda like the Signet panels that cover the rest of the dash. If I do that then Ill probley leave the gauges to have a black and white theme.
Whatcha think and what have you guys done?

I know Im not going with any after market gauges, so I wont try to get another thread started on after market set ups. Just wondering what has been done to make the stocker look different.

I bought white gauge decals off of ebay for about $20 and put them on my stock dash. I hate the woodgrain look of gauges and the chrome was getting worn out, so I painted it black and the outside silver. It made it match the rest of my interior better.

100_0099.jpg

Nice man! I like the exterior as well!
Well as fro my dash I started on it tonight. I have done what I mentioned above. I have to let all the paint dry and then maybe this weekend Ill get all the gauges back together. I need to go find some crazy orange to repaint all the needles. I bout some mini gauges and they also have the orange.
I also started "restoring" my console to match. Ill post that in my Resto thread. Heck Ill link to it and post all these pics over there!

-
Back