Stock height?

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
So i measured everything this weekend and yanked my old torsion bars and shocks out of the front end of the scamp and replaced them.

It actually turned out really good, except it looks like it is sitting a little high in front, maybe due to it was lowered in the front since i had it.

Alighnment turned out good, at least it goes straight down the road with a straight steering wheel.

I measured from the ground to the screw holding the chrome wheel well trim on, its 26.25 inches on both sides. This puts the top of the tire about even with the top of the opening.

Looking at pictures of everyones cars, this seems about right, anyone know the stock height?

Cant seem to find this anywhere on line, and i dont have a shop manual.

So i measured everything this weekend and yanked my old torsion bars and shocks out of the front end of the scamp and replaced them.

It actually turned out really good, except it looks like it is sitting a little high in front, maybe due to it was lowered in the front since i had it.

Alighnment turned out good, at least it goes straight down the road with a straight steering wheel.

I measured from the ground to the screw holding the chrome wheel well trim on, its 26.25 inches on both sides. This puts the top of the tire about even with the top of the opening.

Looking at pictures of everyones cars, this seems about right, anyone know the stock height?

Cant seem to find this anywhere on line, and i dont have a shop manual.

i have a 67 and a 74 dodge service manual. but i believe the stock height is different for different years of cars. what year scamp do you have?

if its a 67 or a 74 I will look it up for you..

i have a 67 and a 74 dodge service manual. but i believe the stock height is different for different years of cars. what year scamp do you have?

if its a 67 or a 74 I will look it up for you..

Oh sorry, its a 71 Slant 6 Scamp

My manual gives the hight measurment from upprer control arm to lower bump stop. Sorry, I know that won't help you.

I will do a bit more searching, should be online somewhere. At least it drives straight and all, alighnment looks good from the front at least. Still gotta adjust the headlights a bit

-
Back