Stock Market

-
I kinda think it's all related in a way.
Companies becoming more cost effective.
Lotta small marginal companies counted on running on a line of Credit, to pay bills, etc, wages, etc.
The butcher, baker, - candlestick maker all had thousands $$$ at their disposal.
I did, all my businesses since interest were low, cost near nothing in interest.
Now when interest rates went up 5+% in a fkn yr, many, Incuding me had a $200k credit line costing $375 a month in interest, that I had in a Fund in the same Bank paying me $800 a month.
That changed to over $1100 interest payment for $800 income.
Every business faced those same crazy increases in loan payments.
Credit lines closed, marginal business closed.

An interesting thing I learned today is the middle/upper $$$ folk having lotsa money in the bank are now making mega $$$ from the interest on their funds, unexpectedly, and they are spending large, thus spurring on the economy .

If you think consumer prices should go down to what it was 4 yrs ago,
- IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN ! !

Give your head a shake .
You can't increase the min wage (n)% , then EVERYONE in the wage chain gets their (n)% and expect everything to go back to before the wage increase.
Sure everything costs more, but whatever your income source, you most likely are making more too, if not you need to talk to your employer, union, fund manager .
Reality is a ***** .

We still have the best economy in the world, despite what some will try to convince you .
Fact check some of these figures being flung around.
Cheers .

Last edited:
My 401k at an all time HIGH :thumbsup: :thumbsup:..by the way inflation was 1.9 when Trump left office..
Went up to 6 during Covid, now down to less than 2?
I am very much trying to leave politics outta this thread.

I'm very glad you're doing well.
NVDA almost back to $1000 again, the whole market is broadening out.
Fear of a rate increase is gone, tons of great earnings .
Looking pretty good for the next few months, (touching wood here).

Last edited:
Cuz of the new China tariffs and the likely repercussions, they will probably restrict all the "rare Earth's" and many minerals nec for solar and chip manufacture, I bought shares of a small miner I mentioned a while back 5N+, I'm up about a $1 on a $4 stock,
They produce rare Earth's here in Canada.
TECK B.
also a play for copper/gold/rare Earth's.

Last edited:
6 weeks to get AMD back to where I jumped in at. Dow did a layup to 40k and the tide pulled back out… watch for dips if your day folk like me!
Happy Hunting

NVDA Q1 results are due out on 5/22. I understand January ‘25 calls over $1000 were hot sells last month. their peers and vendors all reported strong results BUT shares were punished for forecasting some headwinds (China trade policy) META was punished for spending too much on AI. There may be an opportunity for a NVDA share pop because I know they’re results are going to be good. I’m once bitten twice shy on this short term headwind thing however. Y’all decide for yourselves but I’m going to be looking to gobble up some dip with them chips! Happy Hunting!

NVDA Q1 results are due out on 5/22. I understand January ‘25 calls over $1000 were hot sells last month. their peers and vendors all reported strong results BUT shares were punished for forecasting some headwinds (China trade policy) META was punished for spending too much on AI. There may be an opportunity for a NVDA share pop because I know they’re results are going to be good. I’m once bitten twice shy on this short term headwind thing however. Y’all decide for yourselves but I’m going to be looking to gobble up some dip with them chips! Happy Hunting!

AMD seems to be a laggard, maybe cuz their chips are for EVs, which are slowing.
NVDA, LAM research, I think, are more "universal" Taiwan semi ?
Perhaps just look for a more Beta stock .jmo.
ANET seems to follow NVDA, I've done well on both.
Good hunting .

Last edited:
-
Back