Stockton Wheels vs. The Mopar Dude.

-

Rocker'sDuster

MOPAR rookie!
Reaction score
Greetings to my FABO family. I am in need of your advice and opinions.

I am getting very close to "go time" for placing an order for a new pair of shoes for my Duster! The whole family is very much over the stock rims and "spaceship" hubcaps. I want to go with 15X8 Steelies that I will eventually have painted body color and add a sweet set of Dog Dish caps. I have found two places to get the rims I want in my SBP. One is Stockton Wheels, and the other site I just discovered; The Mopar Dude. I honestly don't know too much about either company, and I am hoping to get some honest feedback either way.

Ok, enough rambling on my part, and thank you in advance... *listens intently*

I had stockton do mine ... Expensive .... BUT worth it .... NOW my suggestion .... IF you are using SBP wheels ... I would suggest using as much offset towards inside of wheel center as possible ... BECAUSE being that a SBP wheel seems small to the appearance .. it does not look as nice as BBP wheels ... JUST MY SUGGESTION.. hope this helps...

Thank you for the advice Volare! I din't know there was a different size from a SBP to a BBP rim. they can do any offset you want, plus there is an extra charge for small bolt pattern, so I figured they would be the same size.

Hey Cuda, even if they are not SBP. I was just curious as to anyone's overall experience with either company and thier products.

Shamelss self bump to the top!:-D

I spoke with the Mopar Dude about building me some custom offset wheels. He seems like a pretty nice guy and his prices were reasonable. I could save on shipping by driving down and picking them up myself. I am still on the fence about what I'm going to do about wheels.

I used Stockton Wheels. VERY expensive but a great product. I did however have to wait a really long time for the wheels. SBP steel 14x5.5. By the way did I say EXPENSIVE?

I save you the details of my search & research. I found Stockton & Wheel Vintiques (sp?) Steelies really expensive (IMHO). I found a guy who owns a shop in Washington State.

He's a real nice honest guy. We probably spoke for 20 minutes about what I was looking for. He seemed to know both what I was asking for and explaining what "he does". Once I placed my order, he would e-mail me with updates....a good communicator.

He takes donor SBP steel wheels, cuts the 14" hoops off and replaces them with 15" hoops @ any offset you like, cleans up the welds and sends them out to powder coat.

I ordered 2 15X7 and 2 15X8 w/ 4 1/2" offset. they were $95.00 & $100.00 a piece respectively w/ ~$20 ea to ship. I have them in my garage now. I haven't had a chance to get new skins on yet, but they look terrific!

So my reply as we finished our conversation was "Geez, that's cheap compared to Stockton" He replied that he knows the Stockton guys real well......So I had to ask "how do you know them?".....he said " I do work for them".

If you PM me, I'll give you his contact info. I don't want to cause a fuss between he and Stockton on the board.

Thanks and I hope this helps.

PK

-
Back