Stolen A-Bodies From CA High Desert

-

73Coupe

Reaction score
Howdy all, I'm not an A-body owner but posting this here for a friend.

He had a collection of mothballed Mopars stored in a warehouse in the high desert north of Los Angeles (Pearblossum). Stolen from a location right on the main highway 138.

See list below. They have been in storage for decades. They might all be in Mexico already, but putting the word out there in case you see something.

Thanks....

1. 1969 Dart Swinger LS23P9E165704
Red

2. 1967 Barracuda Fastback BH29D72244007
Blue

3. 1967 Barracuda Fastback BH29F8B1283368 (this vin has extra digit)
White

4. 1968 Barracuda Fastback BH29H8B171446
White

5. 1968 Barracuda 'Vert BH27F8B420175
White w/ black top and interior

6.1968 Barracuda Fastback BH29H8B211383
Blue, w/383

7. 1967 Barracuda Fastback BH29D72218338
Black, w/383

8. 1967 Barracuda Fastback BH29B72213153
White, w/ 440

9. 1969 Barracuda Notchback BH23F9B187035
Red primer

10. 1965 Barracuda Fastback 1855142383
Red

11. 1967 Barracuda 'vert BH27D72255214 (edited)
White

Last edited:
How do all of these disappear without any knowledge?
Must have been forgotten and not looked at for a long time.

That was my though, I bet this was an unmanned shop and not on someone property, rent up there is cheap compared to the LA area. This could have happened over night or days, hard to say how long is was from when the owners were last there.

Alan

that's my thought. hadn't been checked in on and when old mother hubbard showed up the cupboard was bare.

one car? two or three? okay, yeah... but scooping up and disappearing pert near a dozen? that's denmark rotten levels.

When i store all 10 of my second gen Barracudas in a barn, i put a camera on em.

And a bunch of insurance.

It's hard not to think such a big job has insider information.

A semi car hauler can do 7-8. That means definitely two trips or two haulers. Two haulers means more lips to keep shut or a larger organization involved.

But I'm a suspicious cuss

AND......how could someone that owned that many A bodies not be a FABO member?

Sacralidge. :lol:

Could the owner have cashed in on parts cars he has titles for??. There was a bust in Philadelphia where a bunch of Camaros were reported stolen. Same scenario. Something just seems fishy.

That sucks ! Chances are it was an industrial area and no one paid any attention to the transport loading cars . 1 commercial transport trailer could hold close to eleven . But I bet it was done over many days using smaller trailers and winches . No way they were all up and running cars after sitting for decades.

I gave up trying to find a place capable of holding a dozen cars, not say it wasn't in this area I'm just saying knowing this area that Pearblossum is a desolate desert community.
A lot of this...
Pearblossum 1.jpg

Pearblossum 2.jpg

Alan

I gave up trying to find a place capable of holding a dozen cars, not say it wasn't in this area I'm just saying knowing this area that Pearblossum is a desolate desert community.
i was up i apple valley for some parts a few months ago and rolled back to LA via 138 that evening. at night, even though it is a major highway there are parts that are totally unlit and you're not seeing more than 30 foot or so past the shoulder; and there are whole miles long stretches of nothing.

anybody could be doing anything up there under the cover of darkness and nobody would have the slightest idea.

not to mention, you're not exactly out for a sunday drive on that piece. it's one of the most dangerous stretches of road in california, people drive fast and there's a lot of undivided areas with no shoulder so you ain't rubber neckin' if you see something out in the brush.

Dang....lots of BB's.....word must have got oyt about the stash......sorry it happened....

i was up i apple valley for some parts a few months ago and rolled back to LA via 138 that evening. at night, even though it is a major highway there are parts that are totally unlit and you're not seeing more than 30 foot or so past the shoulder; and there are whole miles long stretches of nothing.

anybody could be doing anything up there under the cover of darkness and nobody would have the slightest idea.

not to mention, you're not exactly out for a sunday drive on that piece. it's one of the most dangerous stretches of road in california, people drive fast and there's a lot of undivided areas with no shoulder so you ain't rubber neckin' if you see something out in the brush.

Seems like I see a lot of dead bodies dumped out there on the local SoCal news.

Seems like I see a lot of dead bodies dumped out there on the local SoCal news.
i mean yeah, i was up there dropping off some parts too.. wait... my legal team is signaling something to me? oh. it seems i've said enough.

look i bought some car parts, hit the hesperia pick your part, had a sandwich at vitelli's and drove home. that's it. nothing more.

Hola mi amigo? Donde es mi Moparos? I theenk i know they goeeeen....

i mean yeah, i was up there dropping off some parts too.. wait... my legal team is signaling something to me? oh. it seems i've said enough.

look i bought some car parts, hit the hesperia pick your part, had a sandwich at vitelli's and drove home. that's it. nothing more.

Damn. The place looks like great eats! I’m never out there. But you never know.

Vitelli's Deli :
Vitelli's Deli - Google Search

Damn. The place looks like great eats! I’m never out there. But you never know.

Vitelli's Deli :
Vitelli's Deli - Google Search
it was a nice little find out there in a sea of crappy fast food.

funny looks from the girls behind the counter aside, it was good food. i'd 100% stop by there again if in the area. and the gals can be forgiven cuz i looked like i'd been rolling around out in a ditch moving a body-- i'm kidding, it was a transmission at the yard, i swear!

Chances are it was an industrial area and no one paid any attention to the transport loading cars . 1 commercial transport trailer could hold close to eleven .

A transport full of late model Kias probably wouldn't get a second glance but a trailer full of A body Barracudas would stand out like a sore thumb.

A transport full of late model Kias probably wouldn't get a second glance but a trailer full of A body Barracudas would stand out like a sore thumb.
Yes… once on the road they would . But not while being loaded during the middle of the night in an industrial/warehouse complex.
They should try to get footage from any security cameras within a mile or two. Might have a shot of them driving by????

He had a collection of mothballed Mopars stored in a warehouse in the high desert north of Los Angeles (Pearblossum). Stolen from a location right on the main highway 138. I think they were all swiped at once.

See list below. They have been in storage for decades. They might all be in Mexico already, but putting the word out there in case you see something.

Thanks....

Note: not all the vins are correct; to be edited if info received.

Red

Blue

White

White

Blue, w/383

Black, w/383

White, w/ 440

Red primer

Red

11. 1967 Barracuda 'vert BH23... (should be a 27, and rest of vin incorrect)
White
Thanks for posting here. Hopefully the cars can be recovered and the thieves brought to justice.

He had a collection of mothballed Mopars stored in a warehouse in the high desert north of Los Angeles (Pearblossum). Stolen from a location right on the main highway 138. I think they were all swiped at once.

Thanks....

Note: not all the vins are correct; to be edited if info received.

Red

Blue

White

White

Blue, w/383

Black, w/383

White, w/ 440

Red primer

Red

11. 1967 Barracuda 'vert BH23... (should be a 27, and rest of vin incorrect)
White
I'm going to ask the obvious...there IS a police report correct? Having those corrected VINs (and descriptions / pictures) will help in (hopefully) getting these back and prosecution happening.

Yes… once on the road they would . But not while being loaded during the middle of the night in an industrial/warehouse complex.
They should try to get footage from any security cameras within a mile or two. Might have a shot of them driving by????
This is Pearblossom, the nearest thing even remotely close to an industrial/warehouse complex is probably 15 miles away in Palmdale, as i mentioned earlier, a desolate desert community of 2435 people.

Pearblossom (what looks like complex is the Los Angeles Aqueduct pumping station and solar array.)
Pearblossum 3.jpg

Alan

The easiest, but bravest, crime to commit is in broad daylight. If people see something like this happening, there is very little chance it would be questioned, unless they are or know the owner. It would appear to be a legitimate process.

"Nobody would be that brave" is the common assumption.

-
Back