Stolen A-Bodies From CA High Desert

-
My guess is insurance fraud, too many suspect things to make sense. Too many cars to transport at once and the area. Lots of humans and CCV in CA. Just saying

My guess is insurance fraud, too many suspect things to make sense. Too many cars to transport at once and the area. Lots of humans and CCV in CA. Just saying

Absolutely not. The cars have had the same owner for decades, and were all slated to go to the owner's kids and grandkids.

I gave up trying to find a place capable of holding a dozen cars, not say it wasn't in this area I'm just saying knowing this area that Pearblossum is a desolate desert community.
A lot of this...
View attachment 1716257157
View attachment 1716257158

Alan

You're right Alan, not much in Pearblossom, cheap real estate, one often drives through it not even knowing it's a place. They were here though, in a nondescript metal building on the highway.

The heist would have happened right out in the open. No place to hide a truck and trailer, or car hauler. It would have been seen, but not noticed.

I'm not sure if this was in one swoop or piecemeal.

The owner lives an hour away on the other side of the mountains....

Last edited:
I'm going to ask the obvious...there IS a police report correct? Having those corrected VINs (and descriptions / pictures) will help in (hopefully) getting these back and prosecution happening.

I'm sure it's been reported at this point.

Car #11 VIN has been corrected in post #1.

You're right Alan, not much in Pearblossom, cheap real estate, one often drives through it not even knowing it's a place. They were here though, in a nondescript metal building on the highway.

The heist would have happened right out in the open. No place to hide a truck and trailer, or car hauler. It would have been seen, but not noticed.

I'm not sure if this was in one swoop or piecemeal.

The owner lives an hour away on the other side of the mountains....

Out in desert is the least expensive place to store stuff for So Cal since land is so expensive in/near the cities.

But this is the risk of storing stuff so remote. Sounds theft hadn't been an issue for years and/or obviously to this degree.

Also sounds like they were all non running project/semi project cars.

Post you 1st post on facebook. And then I can share it to the CPW club page. Sounds like some people in the hobby know the owner.

I know exactly where they were...
Add Tim to the list of suspects. :poke: Obviously kidding..

Bad Situation.... Cheap storage is nice, till it's not.... Somebody had to see something, just didn't know what they were seeing.... Is there any kind of known time frame or could it be a window of multiple weeks ?

Add Tim to the list of suspects. :poke: Obviously kidding..

Bad Situation.... Cheap storage is nice, till it's not.... Somebody had to see something, just didn't know what they were seeing.... Is there any kind of known time frame or could it be a window of multiple weeks ?

I don't know the time frame of the theft.... nor do I know if the owner knows.

Updates to be posted if I receive any....

I would imagine that the thieves figured for a "cool down period" in the immediate aftermath.

I don't know the time frame of the theft.... nor do I know if the owner knows.

Updates to be posted if I receive any....

I would imagine that the thieves figured for a "cool down period" in the immediate aftermath.
I would actually say your cool-down comment applies if the cars remain intact or if they get parted. Regrettably the front fenders and grills with other trim pieces on 67-69 Barracuda's are bringing crazy money.

This is Pearblossom, the nearest thing even remotely close to an industrial/warehouse complex is probably 15 miles away in Palmdale, as i mentioned earlier, a desolate desert community of 2435 people.

Pearblossom (what looks like complex is the Los Angeles Aqueduct pumping station and solar array.)
View attachment 1716257238

Alan
Ain't exactly a helluva lotta places to store them in Palmdale either, unless it's changed a lot since I was there last (2008-ish).

I would actually say your cool-down comment applies if the cars remain intact or if they get parted. Regrettably the front fenders and grills with other trim pieces on 67-69 Barracuda's are bringing crazy money.
man, the amount of time and man power you'd need to blow apart that many cars and then bag/tag, warehouse, sell and ship the **** is unfathomable. and then figure out what to do with the carcasses. woof.
Ain't exactly a helluva lotta places to store them in Palmdale either, unless it's changed a lot since I was there last (2008-ish).
it hasn't

You keep your friends close and your cars closer. check with these 2.. they gotta know something

1717690894398.png

A buddy had a boat, motor and fishing gear stored in a mini-storage in Mississippi years ago. He had a Master brand padlock on the door. Evidently the lock came with the key number inked on the bottom by the keyhole, and he should have scratched it off, and didn’t. He went to get the boat, opened the lock/door and everything was missing. His key still fit the lock. He figured the thieves copied the key number, had a key made and took his stuff; then, they put his lock back on, so everything appeared normal.

I think if I was a car theft, I would look into a large industrial or warehouse park, where it is busy and not a isolated area where everyone knows everyone.

Ha government cleaning up now they are gone that happens
Maybe one of the kids got tired of waiting for the inheritance? Easy inside job, at least easy to get in over your head!

-
Back