Stolen Duster!!!!!!!!

-
sounds more to me like he left it somewhere till the property owner got rid of it. notice the given away without permission.

Soon as someone tries to title it it would come up stolen. Probably will be parted out.

wow how pissed would you be if someone got rid of your car, then again how pissed would you be if you told a buddy he could keep his rustbucket (normal person interpretation) on your property for a couple weeks and it sat there for years and asked him to move it countless times.
not saying that is what happened but you never know.

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody thought it was abandoned and just decided to tow it to their place and make it theirs.

Whoever stole it will make more out of it than he probably ever would have.

I shouldn't be that way I know but it's more than likely been setting there (like it is in the picture) for years rotting away.

I'll be on the look out however since I live in SC.

Soon as someone tries to title it it would come up stolen. Probably will be parted out.

Untrue. Mopar Enthusiast covered the issue with our 13 digit vins in a 17 digit vin age. In this day and age the registration office could simply add 4 "0"s to the vin to make it jive with the system if it won't accept the 13 digit vin and bam the car is yours. theres a well docmented story of a t/a challenger that was stolen from the son of the original owner and actually was offered for sale to him by the guy who had it in his possession.

I went through the vin deal when trying to get insurance on my Duster online. It would not take my 13 number vin code at all. I ended up having to go to the office.

Untrue. Mopar Enthusiast covered the issue with our 13 digit vins in a 17 digit vin age. In this day and age the registration office could simply add 4 "0"s to the vin to make it jive with the system if it won't accept the 13 digit vin and bam the car is yours. theres a well docmented story of a t/a challenger that was stolen from the son of the original owner and actually was offered for sale to him by the guy who had it in his possession.

i agree. i was just going to bring that up..

goto page 58 http://editions.amospublishing.com/MPRE/default.aspx?d=20091101

That happen to me, I had a 1971 Charger Super Bee. I had owned this car & sold it to some twin boys. They tried to wrap it around a telphone pole. I bought the car back to part it out. It still drove. It was a 340 4-speed car, with the N96 hood on it, & colored keyed bumpers.
I stored it at my Grand Dads, he lives in the country. I put it at the back of his property, about a mile off the main road, & removed the tires & wheels. ( to keep them from being stolen) There was an oil lease road that divided the property from the neibor's property. The neibor seen it back there, thought it was a stolen & stripped car. She had it towed off. Long story short, It went to the shreader before I could get it back. The lady paid me a $1000.00 for it though, this was in 1977. That car had some neat stuff on it.

That happen to me, I had a 1971 Charger Super Bee. I had owned this car & sold it to some twin boys. They tried to wrap it around a telphone pole. I bought the car back to part it out. It still drove. It was a 340 4-speed car, with the N96 hood on it, & colored keyed bumpers.
I stored it at my Grand Dads, he lives in the country. I put it at the back of his property, about a mile off the main road, & removed the tires & wheels. ( to keep them from being stolen) There was an oil lease road that divided the property from the neibor's property. The neibor seen it back there, thought it was a stolen & stripped car. She had it towed off. Long story short, It went to the shreader before I could get it back. The lady paid me a $1000.00 for it though, this was in 1977. That car had some neat stuff on it.

hopefully your neighbour has learned since then to mind her friggan business.

-
Back