stones again....

-

rigrunner

rigrunner
Reaction score
had to call an ambulance in cali from a truckstop to find out my pain is kidney stones again. this is the second time in 6 weeks. the pain is unbareable. any prayers or suggestions for relief till i get to my doc on monday appreciated.
:stop:

Prayers sent. I remember when my Dad went through this many, many years ago and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Been through that 3X. Passed the last one that was 5.5mm and the doc said that it was one of the biggest he's seen. The pain lasted for 14 hours. There isn't much you can do for the pain. I took Tylanol 3's and there was little relief. Pain came in waves. Mine were due to excessive calcium which I got from taking too many Tums because I drank too much Coke and Pepsi. My brother in law passed out from the pain he had with his. Prayers sent. Best, Mike

this makes 7 or 8 times now ive lost count. had one laser blasted it was 8mm but still couldnt pass it so they operated to get the peices out and said there is so much scar tissue from the many stoes i may not be able to pass any more.

I checked into the hospital last time so I could get Demoral for the pain, flew around with little furry animals for 3 days till they could litho-trip the little bastards.

had to go back to the er today said its 3mm and almost in my bladder so i got a shot in the *** and felt pretty good took the valiant to the local cruise in and the fuel pump that i just put on a few months ago went out and had to have her towed home. and to make it all worse i just spent 10 minuets doubled over in pain still trying to pass this stone. very bad day. little embarrasing too

Yesss! That's the news we've all been waiting for:clock:....especially you:cheers:

Won't help the pain right now, but once this episode is over drink tons of water. Have the stones analyzed so they can figure out what you're ingesting too much of. I followed the docs recommendations after my kidney stones occurred nearly 20 years ago. I now drink water like a fish and knock wood, haven't had any more problems.

Ice tea was most likely a big contributor to my stones. When the doc mentioned tea as something that could contribute to stones, I knew that was probably it. After moving to Arizona I started drinking a ton of ice tea since it was delivered free to your table at restaurants, like water... Well, the crap can build up and if you're not diluting it enough it can cause stones.

Won't help the pain right now, but once this episode is over drink tons of water. Have the stones analyzed so they can figure out what you're ingesting too much of. I followed the docs recommendations after my kidney stones occurred nearly 20 years ago. I now drink water like a fish and knock wood, haven't had any more problems.

Ice tea was most likely a big contributor to my stones. When the doc mentioned tea as something that could contribute to stones, I knew that was probably it. After moving to Arizona I started drinking a ton of ice tea since it was delivered free to your table at restaurants, like water... Well, the crap can build up and if you're not diluting it enough it can cause stones.

YUP,been there done that,and I don't want the T-Shirt !!! I too drink mass quantities of Iced Tea,but I statred drinking a lot more water than I ever used to too,and thank God I haven't had a problem in about 6-8 years !!Has to be the most gawd awful pain that you just can't do anything to get rid of unless you're lucky enough to pass it quickly !!!

thanks to all for your support. it never gets easier no matter how many times you have them. i feel blessed to be a part of this site

ya... I too have those wonderful things. I seem to have around 2 a year. Mine is calcium. I drink more water then anyone I know. Still.... guess I am just lucky. I have only gone to the ER once... found out what to do... now I take massive quantities of Advil when I know one is coming. Still hurts.. but tolerable. I dont remember the size of the largest one I passed.... all I know is that.... " It just aint right"...to pass something like that. I have passed lots of smaller ones. Starting a sand pile.

Glad that episode is over for ya.

-RPM

-
Back