Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So i talked myself out of a ticket earlier.

Around 4 PM rush hour. I was the first car off a red light. I looked in the mirror and there was a huge crowd behind me and totally open in front being the first one at the light.

So I sped up to put some space between me and the tail gater behind me in a big ***, ugly *** Toyoda non jedi SUV and relieve some of the congestion by getting out of the way.

So the tail gater and the car behind him get in the turning lane. There was a sheriff deputy 4 cars back so when the tail gater and the one behind him turned, it put the deputy behind me. I was going 60 in a 50.

So he lights it up and on the side of the road, he asks "60 in a 50 what's your rush" I explained everything above. He checked my ID and checked the papers on the car. Then he says, "that is actually a good reason." Be careful ma'am.

He was in a good mood with a lot of smiles so that might be why he went easy on me. Kinda put me in a good mood.
I try not to be in anybody’s way, semi-trucks is a good example.
And if something looks strange, i back off to stay clear of impending doom. Especially on the highways.

I have to admit my 'go to' light is an Acton dialback. Its the most convenient because of the built in 'tach' rpm. Big convenience with the MSD since the coil negative can't be used. And almost as handy with the Ford type horse shoe connector on the AMC's coil because that requires a backprobe jumpered to the tach/dwell meter.

I have to admit my 'go to' light is an Acton dialback. Its the most convenient because of the built in 'tach' rpm. Big convenience with the MSD since the coil negative can't be used. And almost as handy with the Ford type horse shoe connector on the AMC's coil because that requires a backprobe jumpered to the tach/dwell meter.
I have had a snap on dial type for 20 plus years. I bought it used as a trade-in. Its been a good light.

1. Equus 3568 Dialback timing light.
2. MSD that I hardly use but supposedly triggers properly with multi-spark capacitive discharge ignitions.
3. Craftsman with partially melted pickup housing. My first light and it works fine.

I think theres a lot of decent options for checking initial and even the advance if there is a tach available and timing marks on the damper high enough.

I have had a snap on dial type for 20 plus years. I bought it used as a trade-in. Its been a good light.
Do any of the hand helds accomodate a magnetic probe used on some engines where its hard to see the marks?

Like your driving style. Thinking about the whole situation and how to make the road better for everyone. View attachment 1715315887
Being "that girl" who is holding up traffic and texting is as bad as being the one who wants to write a check at Walmart with a big line behind.

That pisses me off so I am not "that girl"

I have a Equus Innova light myself(Saved off the truck) I sold many . I can still get them. In fact except for the Mac branded products, I can get pretty much anything. I still have an account with a tool warehouse I used when in business.

What's the light? Not that I can troubleshoot it, but I've had a hard time killing them.
And is this just a plain 'ole Chrysler ECU?
Not sure what's wrong, it's a very old chrome light that my dad gave me years ago. The light is at least from the mid 70s

It is the stock type ignition ( I use only original parts or original appearing)

I connected the light and it lit up and was working for a few minutes then suddenly went out and I tried wiggling wires and fiddled with it for like 10 minutes and it never came back on..... then I ran out of time and to start putting everything away for the night

Its weird because when I was in auto school I thought a grand was a **** ton of money.

Yet now a day's, i still think It is ...... but not really.

I used to buy some ghetto tools and stuff, thinking I couldn't afford new or nicer stuff.

Tire machine is no different. I have been searching for a tire machine but I have been thinking cheap.

Now I am wondering If it would be worth it to pony up more dough and get a new one that no one else has used and maybe abused.

I found this today on cl..... what do you guys think.
Does it seem legit or kinda scammy
Tuxedo Tire Changer Machine TC-530 * Financing Available *
I'd think a tire machine go to Walmart and let them fix it.. Unless your opening a shop some things you just let someone else do it for you.

I'd think a tire machine go to Walmart and let them fix it.. Unless your opening a shop some things you just let someone else do it for you.
I have a pile of wheels out back that need a break down. Probably 60 tires in total, plus I have more than 10 project cars laying around. Plus 5 regular driver cars of the family.

I was thinking i could justify one

I have a Equus Innova light myself(Saved off the truck) I sold many . I can still get them. In fact except for the Mac branded products, I can get pretty much anything. I still have an account with a tool warehouse I used when in business.
That's nice to know Mike. Seriously. And I don't know why I thought Acton was Equus. Maybe they have a look alike?

That's nice to know Mike. Seriously. And I don't know why I thought Acton was Equus. Maybe they have a look alike?
The old red Mac lights were Actron. One of the few that worked with MSD. That multiple spark really messes with many lights.

Ahh you mean a Chevelle...it is nice!!
My older buddy has one same color and year with a 396 4 speed. Wife says if he ever wants to sell it we want to buy it...ok.
I should always listen to the wife...:D

I have this one that I really like...

8944CD1C-6BCD-41F1-A89B-220FD3FABBD7.jpeg

7E10E66D-47E8-442A-B82D-10BCC3BD88F7.jpeg

I sold a butt load of the dial advance lights to the stock car guys.

Well I decided screw it snow and ice is only bad if you hit it on a motorcycle. Most all our roads are clear so went for a putt to our local Irish microbrew about thirty miles away. Only ice left was under the overpasses where the sun hasn't dried out the road. On plus side when you hit them merging,
IMG_2106.JPG
the whole bike slides not just the front or the back. I mixed in some pee at that particular spot in the road. After that I just hit them head on with no throttle and glided across. Piece of cake! Come on Spring!

Well I decided screw it snow and ice is only bad if you hit it on a motorcycle. Most all our roads are clear so went for a putt to our local Irish microbrew about thirty miles away. Only ice left was under the overpasses where the sun hasn't dried out the road. On plus side when you hit them merging,View attachment 1715315960 the whole bike slides not just the front or the back. I mixed in some pee at that particular spot in the road. After that I just hit them head on with no throttle and glided across. Piece of cake! Come on Spring!
Before or after the nice dark brew. Lol

I think I got it from Amazon for around $80. My speed shop guy has tried to liberate it from me a few times!
I have a lot of friends trying to get me into Amazon....I am probably missing out by not having an account with them.

They say I am old skool being an Ebay fan. I have been on Ebay since December of 1999. So I get discount codes pretty often.

Interesting you bring up Amazon

-
Back