Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
18 injured in fire aboard ship at Naval Base San Diego

This ship is burning pretty bad, wonder what exploded. I was stationed on the USS Peleliu LHA5 before, think this ship relieved us on a cruise once. I've had 2 relatives stationed on the "Bonnie Dick" as it's called.
A storage compartment .below deck, got over pressurized from the heat. ??? That is what Rear admiral la de da said. Just consumables on fire, paper products....NO munitions were on board.

meteormonday.jpg

It's Meteor Monday!
Good morning :D

Warming up el camino, shop door wide open. Still gassed up the shop. Exhaust fumes dont agree with me. I think speedo is toast. That’s a fail. Cant spin cable with my fingers, and i see somebody jiggered the odometer to all 00000’s thats a red flag right there.

Warming up el camino, shop door wide open. Still gassed up the shop. Exhaust fumes dont agree with me. I think speedo is toast. That’s a fail. Cant spin cable with my fingers, and i see somebody jiggered the odometer to all 00000’s thats a red flag right there.
Now where to find a good one?

The electric drill in reverse syndrome?

A storage compartment .below deck, got over pressurized from the heat. ??? That is what Rear admiral la de da said. Just consumables on fire, paper products....NO munitions were on board.
At first, they were worried about it being another USS Cole type attack but sounds like it was something electrical

The electric drill in reverse syndrome?
No,think they pulled speedo and poked around. There was a really short loop under dash, and cable broke.im looking at eliminating cruise control,the throttle actuator is gone anyway.

No,think they pulled speedo and poked around. There was a really short loop under dash, and cable broke.im looking at eliminating cruise control,the throttle actuator is gone anyway.

I was never impressed with the mechanism on those early cruise control units.
Just looked like trouble from the very beginning

Is that a question? Or did you have it off already?
Yes, it is on now, somehow it came off, I think I broke it when I disassembled it years ago....Hood hinge came off, messed up the paint .....:BangHead:

-
Back