Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Been real windy here today, 50MPH gusts, 25 sustained......
Sounds like a typical day in January here...but with temps around 30* and wind chill in the upper teens.

Don’t ask Frank to tell you about a typical January day where he lives...

Sounds like a typical day in January here...but with temps around 30* and wind chill in the upper teens.

But that one of the reasons I do not live there....

Did i hear my name?
Today was the coldest day so far this winter. Hit a low of -37. Just to bring it into line, -40 is the same in f and c.
My truck always starts. But this morning it turned so slow, with two batteries. I went out in my jammies to fire it up. Not the best idea. It ran 40 minutes and never came off the cold mark.
weak thermostat.
Shop was damn cold too even with the pellet stove going all night. But it was on low. Not tonight, its running a little hotter.
Looks like same deal tonight as well. At -27 the corner of the house makes a loud pop. Its brutal. Dont move here.

Did i hear my name?
Today was the coldest day so far this winter. Hit a low of -37. Just to bring it into line, -40 is the same in f and c.
My truck always starts. But this morning it turned so slow, with two batteries. I went out in my jammies to fire it up. Not the best idea. It ran 40 minutes and never came off the cold mark.
weak thermostat.
Shop was damn cold too even with the pellet stove going all night. But it was on low. Not tonight, its running a little hotter.
Looks like same deal tonight as well. At -27 the corner of the house makes a loud pop. Its brutal. Dont move here.
For Pete's sake! I have trouble with +27f! I want no part of that minus ****!

Some nice Tequila...for me...
Ever had any matured on oak?

hy vee.jpg

Damn. new labels on my meds.
4 out of 4 say may caused dizzyness. That explains it. Obviously if im already dizzy, i cant get dizzier, no?
May be one reason i get so tired in evening.

One of the biggest challenges in Art is to evoke emotion. Positive emotions are the easiest to nail as are emotions related to memory of things past and context of rememberance.

Subtle emotions are a lot harder to capture. For example, the Mona Lisa intended to capture sublime contentment and is profoundly successful at doing it.

This one is intended to capture the sense of abandonment of what was known...and the sublime, but resolute resignation of self to simple survival.

E57F6C56-2987-42E5-9D49-C556A594EBA2.jpeg

I had -4⁰f this AM. You know it is starting to get cold when the snow sounds like Styrofoam when walking on it..

Just saw this on my walk. Think it's a converted Kia. Probably perfect for the small cars here. Kinda Cute...
PXL_20210126_044324872.jpg

Last edited:
Morning all. Freaking mess outside freezing rain and snow. Supposed to play UBER today, not a good idea!:mad:

-
Back