Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Trying to get financing to buy the family farm. (my wife and her 3 brothers) Grandma passed and the aunts and uncles want to sell out.

I always thought the saying "buying the farm" was a bad thing. "kicking the bucket" right away too?

Anyway, good luck, hope it all works out for you.

Time to go finish mowing. Did most of it yesterday, but got delayed start due to a bent blade. Straightened, sharpened, balanced, scraped out the grass clumps…

1 hour in, im already hating this jeep. So far 1 broken manifold stud to deal with. Flush, of course.

So, 2 broken studs to deal with.
Decided to Man up and drag the welder over. Set the mig on 15 volts and 200 wire speed and proceeded to tack tack tack until i had enough to grab with vice grips. Spun right out!! My right angle drill and left hand drill bits are now obsolete!!

Trying to get financing to buy the family farm. (my wife and her 3 brothers) Grandma passed and the aunts and uncles want to sell out.
Ahh so similar situation that I’m going thru. Good luck

What’s he up to doc?

B4A502EC-C426-4589-B003-69D04D136DE1.jpeg

Sitting in the lobby at Farm Credit. Hey, can we borrow 2.5 million?
Not yet. Trying to make it happen without putting our own cash in for a down payment. We can buy one farm or the other but both will take cash or a rich aunt. LOL

Damn, came home and the house was hot (in the 80's) and the A/C was froze up. I ran the fan and let it thaw and now it's cooling again. Going to call the a/c guys tomorrow. Maybe it just needs a proper charge. R22. Oh, it's at least 50 years old.

Not yet. Trying to make it happen without putting our own cash in for a down payment. We can buy one farm or the other but both will take cash or a rich aunt. LOL
Ouch. Gonna rent out the farm ground?

Ouch. Gonna rent out the farm ground?
The uncle who is in charge of the will and trust wants to sell out and cash the check. We (wife and her brothers) want to save the family farm and Bro in law will continue farming it if we can buy it.

The uncle who is in charge of the will and trust wants to sell out and cash the check. We (wife and her brothers) want to save the family farm and Bro in law will continue farming it if we can buy it.
But what happens to it from there? We considered this for Maes Dads property. But it ends up pieces passed on and split farther and farther. Then some don’t want it and others are forced to invest even more. Be sure you think through that whole chain of ownership.

But what happens to it from there? We considered this for Maes Dads property. But it ends up pieces passed on and split farther and farther. Then some don’t want it and others are forced to invest even more. Be sure you think through that whole chain of ownership.
This really only works well when the property or business create revenue to pay itself off. Or like a cabin in the woods that isn’t worth that much and used like a timeshare

We are there.

This really only works well when the property or business create revenue to pay itself off.
Exactly. We are talking 2.6 million here. That will get split by 5 and a 1/5th split by 4.

We are there.
We’re in the same boat only in reverse. My parents managed to secure the farm last year but now my aunts and uncle are fighting my parents over the scraps on stupid petty stuff. This type of stuff is nothing but a giant **** sandwich that we are being forced to eat

Exactly. We are talking 2.6 million here. That will get split by 5 and a 1/5th split by 4.
I’d advise exploring the trust option. This way, everyone gets their cut/share that buys in and it can’t be split off later. If done properly of course. Basically, each vested party would declare an heir for which their share goes to in the event of passing. Then make it to where selling/splitting of the trust can only be done by unanimous consent.

But what will be done with it other than someone farming. Will you use it somehow. Profit on it? Otherwise, after a generation or two there is so little sentimental value that it will be sold anyway

We’re in the same boat only in reverse. My parents managed to secure the farm last year but now my aunts and uncle are fighting my parents over the scraps on stupid petty stuff. This type of stuff is nothing but a giant **** sandwich that we are being forced to eat
Families suck

-
Back