Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
baha watching this aussie series where the guy built the ute for his dad.. fires it up has oil pressure for a minute or two then nothing.. Panic!! forgot the plug that is in front of the dist drive gear under the intake :) I had heard of people doing that but didn't think i would see it :)

man.. watching how much this guy put into this 318 then dynoing it.... makes me sad... i wish someone had warned me bout them.. i need to find a 360 :)

Morning Chris what's happening today? Nothing going on here.

Need to get down into the garage and get the engine out of the truck, swap it onto the stand and get all the externals bolted up today. Need to figure out some space and shuffle things around a bit. I think I'm done with the snowblower for the season, so I may work on a way to store that out of the way. Also have the old 225 sitting here... hate to set it outside until I figure out if it is broke-broke or something simple.

Not getting ANY of that done, sitting here at the kitchen table though.

Got a wild hair last night having a drink and looking at my scamp thinking what next.
Never liked a rear spoiler on cars that much but think I might carve one out of foamboard just for fun and see if I can design one that fits my car.

man.. watching how much this guy put into this 318 then dynoing it.... makes me sad... i wish someone had warned me bout them.. i need to find a 360 :)
Past the point of diminishing returns? Like with any engine, there is a limit.

Need to get down into the garage and get the engine out of the truck, swap it onto the stand and get all the externals bolted up today. Need to figure out some space and shuffle things around a bit. I think I'm done with the snowblower for the season, so I may work on a way to store that out of the way. Also have the old 225 sitting here... hate to set it outside until I figure out if it is broke-broke or something simple.

Not getting ANY of that done, sitting here at the kitchen table though.
You have a full day for sure.

Past the point of diminishing returns? Like with any engine, there is a limit.
naw.... he did 270rwhp which isn't bad.. i just love the 318 hatred is all.. thinking of switching to the 360 side so i can look down at 318 people also :)

Like this?

This is a very hard to find 1970 (First year) 360 Dodge engine with the flat top pistons, not dished like later 360's. Casting date is 9-15-70, built for a 1971 vehicle. It has a fresh set of 1975 360 heads that have hard exhaust seats, new valve job, guides cut for teflon seals, pocket ported and ports are gasket matched, 1.88 intake and 1.60 valves. Intake is an aluminum Edelbrock Performer, new water pump, has a truck oil pan, 340 valve springs with damper, Crank is drilled for a 4 speed, holds 60 pounds oil pressure. Pick up in Cumberland, Md. 21502. Carb, distributor and exhaust manifolds don't go with it, They're for our run stand.

Like this?

This is a very hard to find 1970 (First year) 360 Dodge engine with the flat top pistons, not dished like later 360's. Casting date is 9-15-70, built for a 1971 vehicle. It has a fresh set of 1975 360 heads that have hard exhaust seats, new valve job, guides cut for teflon seals, pocket ported and ports are gasket matched, 1.88 intake and 1.60 valves. Intake is an aluminum Edelbrock Performer, new water pump, has a truck oil pan, 340 valve springs with damper, Crank is drilled for a 4 speed, holds 60 pounds oil pressure. Pick up in Cumberland, Md. 21502. Carb, distributor and exhaust manifolds don't go with it, They're for our run stand.

Naw... i'm ok with my 318 :) If i find a 360 for like $100 for the block i would consider it.. was mainly joking around. Luckily i'm not a guy that has to worry bout size :)

So question. Factory 360 valve cover, as seen here with my age 14 dumbassery fix, the top cover leaks around this cap thing. Any ideas on how to fix?
Guess it would help if I posted the pic

IMG_3666.jpeg

Not sure what is on the agenda here today................may just take a walk through the woods. Overcast and only a high of 40 today.

-
Back