Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
table2.jpg

table1.jpg

tablestep1.jpg

Very cool! Showoff. How's the knee?
Knee is holding up well. Back is sore from all the walking and standing on cement, but it is great overall. Migraine is causing late start for us today, but it is subsiding now.

It's about 2 1/2'x3' if I remember right. The table top itself was 3 sections and bonded to a single piece underneath, so it's 1 1/2" thick. Countersunk phillips head screws and wood dough to fill on the table top itself. Once the belt sander got it mostly on the same plain I hand sanded it to raise harder parts of the plywood to give it more texture. No sanding block, just fingers to make it less even, like the paint on a hot rod before you learned not to wet sand with your fingers :lol:
There's a structure attached to the bottom for the Workmate to get a hold of.

Distressed look. Not much old barn board out that way I imagine
Yep lots of old barn wood but I have some rough cut 1 by 8 oak boards my son cut for me and they are pretty rough so plan on using them. But old barn wood might be a better idea thanks.

Knee is holding up well. Back is sore from all the walking and standing on cement, but it is great overall. Migraine is causing late start for us today, but it is subsiding now.
Glad you're having a great time!! I hope you took Monday off. :thumbsup:

Yep lots of old barn wood but I have some rough cut 1 by 8 oak boards my son cut for me and they are pretty rough so plan on using them. But old barn wood might be a better idea thanks.

I've seen some around with repurposed industrial Era iron like coal cart wheels or lathe legs, etc

I've got some stuff around here that we dug up while mining the river at the rock farm. A 4'x4' electromagnet over the primary conveyor belt really helps for such :lol: a couple of 19th century railroad wrenches, miscellaneous small tools. I found a cap and ball revolver that I made the mistake of showing to my boss and he neglected to return it. He was a gun nut too :(:lol:

I've seen some around with repurposed industrial Era iron like coal cart wheels or lathe legs, etc
Good idea and the more I think about it the more I like your idea of old barn wood.
Also have some old metal wheels off farm implements that might be good.
Thanks Chris.

Had a great talk with Tom and Jim Tignanelli. So much done to this car. Amazing

20221118_195030.jpg

I've got some stuff around here that we dug up while mining the river at the rock farm. A 4'x4' electromagnet over the primary conveyor belt really helps for such :lol: a couple of 19th century railroad wrenches, miscellaneous small tools. I found a cap and ball revolver that I made the mistake of showing to my boss and he neglected to return it. He was a gun nut too :(:lol:
Got some old tools and jack that came with my truck that would be cool. thanks good idea.

:rofl: I got a real surprise from our pit loader operator one day. A good sized portion of a CJ2 Jeep grill and fenders that made it into the jaw crusher :eek: That was a half day trying to get that mangled POS out of the crusher :rofl:

The Donut Derelicts will be a chilly bunch this morning, just barely into the 40s :lol: Missed the magic 32° by 2° this morning. The neighboring village near VSFB made it to 32° and they're 5 miles closer to the beach :lol:

Thanks! I am off all week this week. May be getting more pics for Mopar Collector Guide tonight or tomorrow also.
MCC they are great people.
A few years ago at MOPARS in the Park they did a photo shoot of the Barracuda. A few months later center page layout and story.
I stayed in contact with their camera guy Tim Costello. I stayed in contact with him and see him at Carlisle. Tell him Hi if he does your shoot.

-
Back