Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
There add says 62 - 82. I would still check.
I do know you have to cut the shaft some .
Yeah, my only real issue is i'm using a newer LA water pump but the older iron pump cars pump won't bolt up.. didn't know this before hand and now i can't just change the pump cause i already got a radiator that goes to the wrong side... i rule!

Here is a hot rod with a following!

I had that problem when I bought a new rad for my car. Water pump was a newer style. Had to get a 64 pump.

Yeah.. if i had known bout the PS pump issue i would have ordered the proper side on the radiator.. but i'm not replacing a $500 radiator now.. will figure it out.. Been watching FBMP and people want 150-200 for a used LA pump with brackets and i can't bring myself to pay that for garbage someone will end up trashing

Yeah.. if i had known bout the PS pump issue i would have ordered the proper side on the radiator.. but i'm not replacing a $500 radiator now.. will figure it out.. Been watching FBMP and people want 150-200 for a used LA pump with brackets and i can't bring myself to pay that for garbage someone will end up trashing
Let me check but I have a new aluminum radiator with the inlets and outlets wrong. I bought it at Carlisle in a box that said Mopar for $125 and when I got it home it is not close for the 318 I have

Let me check but I have a new aluminum radiator with the inlets and outlets wrong. I bought it at Carlisle in a box that said Mopar for $125 and when I got it home it is not close for the 318 I have
I've got mine all installed and all.. plus the ECP is pretty :) I'll work it out... just need to get off my lazy ***... hearing the motor fire the other night got me really wanting to get it done now..

It's 3/27!

1711539952661.png

Good morning :D

Yeah, my only real issue is i'm using a newer LA water pump but the older iron pump cars pump won't bolt up.. didn't know this before hand and now i can't just change the pump cause i already got a radiator that goes to the wrong side... i rule!
Hmm....

This is on my 71 318....

20231203_205534.jpg

Just looked it up.. they switched to the newer style in 1970... the one on yours is 62ish(poly had it) to 69

Do you need an early, cast iron pump?
If i was starting over i would have.. but i didn't know.. at this point i would have to change pump/timing cover, remark the harmonic and get a new radiator.. easier to rig a pump :)

I am thinking of getting a borgeson power steering pump/gearbox kit.. did you go manual/power or other way or? I know it's not just a bolt in unit but how much bullshit was it?
I have factory manual steering, just getting rid of the sloppy coupler for a u-joint

I have factory manual steering, just getting rid of the sloppy coupler for a u-joint
Yeah, i used to only have manual steering.. but i think power would be nice since the car came with it :) plus i'm old and creaky at 53... .

Not as pronounced. Well, still has a bog. WTF. More to do............
May have to adjust the squirter nozzle size. You upped the aggressiveness of the accelerator shot, and it helped. Maybe a larger squirter nozzle

you know.. manual steering might be the way to go... then i can fit a torqstorm on later :)

From red states bussing them in....fyi
Regardless of state colors, remember it is easy to speak from a distance about there not being a problem when you, personally, don't have to deal with the problem. Like me saying there is no issues with California taxes, gas prices, crazy rules and laws, because I don't have to deal with them myself living here. Now that they are showing up to the areas saying there wasn't a problem, it is suddenly a problem.

The real issue at hand, is "they" are creating a problem that they will "save" us from. While they rescue us, rights will be lost and too many people will be ok with that. Watch closely.

-
Back