Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
in for another break... Brought up several wheelbarrow loads of mulch so far. My property has a nice grade for water to run back. Not so great for bringing things up. LOL

View attachment 1716236145
Nice. Grass is green and looks weed free. This is my lawn right now.

IMG_20240413_155948589.jpg

Nice. Grass is green and looks weed free. This is my lawn right now.

View attachment 1716236160
I went over to Andy's to check it out. The back yard needs mowed. It hasn't been fertilized for years. I think I'll mow and bag mine next week then if it rains I can aerate, overseed, and fertilize. Or may be none of the above. LOL

Weed free? The edge looks like that because I shrunk the planting bed last year. That was freshly seeded. A few feet out is where I removed a stump and seeded year before. Other than that its more like grass free. LOL
Sounds like most of my yard. :lol:

I went over to Andy's to check it out. The back yard needs mowed. It hasn't been fertilized for years. I think I'll mow and bag mine next week then if it rains I can aerate, overseed, and fertilize. Or may be none of the above. LOL
Trying to make my yard as easy as possible to maintain, I'm not getting any younger and if I could cement the whole yard I would.

Trying to make my yard as easy as possible to maintain, I'm not getting any younger and if I could cement the whole yard I would.
I'm not doing MORE but I agree on keeping it simple. I chuckle when I see guys that retire, and create these intricate landscaping systems that will require significant effort to maintain. I'd come short of concrete slab the acre... :rolleyes:

I'm not doing MORE but I agree on keeping it simple. I chuckle when I see guys that retire, and create these intricate landscaping systems that will require significant effort to maintain. I'd come short of concrete slab the acre... :rolleyes:
Paint the cement green with a few spots of yellow dandelion paint and it's good.

Paint the cement green with a few spots of yellow dandelion paint and it's good.

:lol:

There's someone here selling a BUNCH of big rolls of astroturf for cheap. I don't think it would matter much up there, but estimate is that it'll raise the temperature in your yard by 10 to 15 degrees....

Damn, I'm tired and achy. Time for a Ibuprofen or two. It doesn't take much activity any more and I am shot.

I'll be the annoying guy.. :thumbsup:

Check yourself on an inflammatory diet...

We want you to keep wielding the Ban-hammer Mike
Anti inflammatory diet? It might help a bit. Having 3 back surgeries, 2 knees, and 2 hips would really help. Getting off my heart meds would help me loose some weight but then I'd die of heart failure. Loosing weight would help my knees, back, and hips. I ache a lot.

There's someone here selling a BUNCH of big rolls of astroturf for cheap. I don't think it would matter much up there, but estimate is that it'll raise the temperature in your yard by 10 to 15 degrees....
That's what they put on all the new homes in ElPaso.
Brand new house with ASTRO turf lawn.

I gave some very serious thought to putting down used Astro turf in the range bays, there is no shortage of it for sale. Only because it is so easy to police the brass up. But in the end the additional heat was a factor, and the just everyday debris that blows in. I swore that when I got out of Marine Corps I would never pick up brass again! We don’t pick up brass here, I just call it jewelry!

I gave some very serious thought to putting down used Astro turf in the range bays, there is no shortage of it for sale. Only because it is so easy to police the brass up. But in the end the additional heat was a factor, and the just everyday debris that blows in. I swore that when I got out of Marine Corps I would never pick up brass again! We don’t pick up brass here, I just call it jewelry!
If only it was magnetic. :thumbsup:

LoL

Don't let your dunnage weight be low ....

Nothing like a 37° rainy day on the 60 range, using numb, club hands to sift through gravel for brass and links.

Suck

Anti inflammatory diet? It might help a bit. Having 3 back surgeries, 2 knees, and 2 hips would really help. Getting off my heart meds would help me loose some weight but then I'd die of heart failure. Loosing weight would help my knees, back, and hips. I ache a lot.

Usually, dairy, carbs and sugar... when I cheat, I feel it...

Damn that's even cheaper than cement. Run the vacuum cleaner over it in the spring and good for the year.

I do some 'extra' mulch work to nearly eliminate weekly weedwacking edges. For years the flower beds got bigger, cause Mae was planting lots of flowers. She doesn't do much out there anymore. So I am gradually shrinking them. I have 50+ sq ft less of mulched area than 2 years ago. Depends what she plants this year how much more I change. Plus if no flowers I can spray weeds and less pulling them.

-
Back