Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's Thunderbird Thursday!

thunderbirdthursII.jpg

Good morning :D

Lol, I live 8 miles from Deception Pass Bridge, have to drive over that to get off the island, summertime that involves dodging tourists, they flock from all over the state to see it and camp in the park there, think that's kind of the same thing in a way.
And zero room to dodge them on that bridge, the sidewalk is very narrow on the bridge and the lanes are as well. You can literally clip a tourist with your mirror on your truck on the bridge. Last I knew the bridge was still at 100% for jumpers? Zero fails, all successfull.

Tell me if I have this part right about driving in Michigan, when the light turns green you'd better be on the gas!

hahah that's true... if you are like 2 seconds late people will want you dead :) Driving here used to be decent.. now no one pays attention or use blinkers which makes me nuts.

hahah that's true... if you are like 2 seconds late people will want you dead :) Driving here used to be decent.. now no one pays attention or use blinkers which makes me nuts.
Also on top of that.. make sure it's clear in those 2 seconds cause people run red lights like they don't exist.... it's a fun way to live

Also on top of that.. make sure it's clear in those 2 seconds cause people run red lights like they don't exist.... it's a fun way to live
And people think I'm nuts for living here in the middle of nothing. No traffic and not many people works for me.

Woodward and gratiot were the 2 massive cruise streets from the early 70s to late 80s... i much preferred gratiot.. but woodward was better for racing.. that's where guys like tom hoover went to test cars.. Telegraph was also used but too far west and not as much fun...

Problem with Gratiot in the 80s was the cops... east detroit (now called eastpointe) cops were complete cunts. But.. turbo blue was cheap and we had a lot of fun :)
We came over many times to race ,

And zero room to dodge them on that bridge, the sidewalk is very narrow on the bridge and the lanes are as well. You can literally clip a tourist with your mirror on your truck on the bridge. Last I knew the bridge was still at 100% for jumpers? Zero fails, all successfull.
My daughter actually hates the bridge just for that reason. Couple weeks ago guy kills his wife or girlfriend then goes and jumps off the bridge, had another jumper same week. In the 80's had a guy that worked in the shop (Navy days) who went out fishing launching out of Cornet Bay, went under the bridge in his boat and heard a splash. They pulled him out of the water he was AFU but he lived. They found his suicide note attached to his bicycle on the bridge, he lived and only one I've ever heard of who did.

And people think I'm nuts for living here in the middle of nothing. No traffic and not many people works for me.
Love it, my BIL is going to Minot right after he retires in a few weeks to watch his grandkids for a month. My niece there is married to AF bubba and Dans watching their kids as they take some time off.

Yeah, i live just enough outside the city where it's only a few minutes to go to stores and **** but not enough people to piss me off too bad.. well. it used to be.. now it's all being built up at an insane rate though..

Tell me if I have this part right about driving in Michigan, when the light turns green you'd better be on the gas!

Oh, then there is the Michigan Left hand turn near Detroit/Troy area at least. Makes perfect sense to right to go left. Change a ton of lanes and merge into high speed traffic.

1714048603266.png

Love it, my BIL is going to Minot right after he retires in a few weeks to watch his grandkids for a month. My niece there is married to AF bubba and Dans watching their kids as they take some time off.
I go to Minot a lot to car shows so maybe we can meet up sometime.

Oh, then there is the Michigan Left hand turn near Detroit/Troy area at least. Makes perfect sense to right to go left. Change a ton of lanes and merge into high speed traffic.

View attachment 1716241391
Yep I learned about the Michigan left lol! I'm like "I want to go there" and wifey says nope you gotta do it this way

Yeah, i live just enough outside the city where it's only a few minutes to go to stores and **** but not enough people to piss me off too bad.. well. it used to be.. now it's all being built up at an insane rate though..
That sucks and ruins a good neighborhood.

Yep I learned about the Michigan left lol! I'm like "I want to go there" and wifey says nope you gotta do it this way
Yes, just right there. Nope go there, cross 187 lanes of traffic going 50mph. Thats safer and makes way more sense.

View attachment 1716241391
hahah i LOVE the michigan left.... but honestly we are getting more and more round-a-bouts and i LOVE them... soo much less traffic issues except fuckwits that refuse to learn how they work...
1714049079633.jpeg

hahah i LOVE the michigan left.... but honestly we are getting more and more round-a-bouts and i LOVE them... soo much less traffic issues except fuckwits that refuse to learn how they work...
View attachment 1716241394
We're getting them too, there's the ones that jam the brakes when they have the right of way, then there's the "first one with wheels in the well wins" type lol!

We're getting them too, there's the ones that jam the brakes when they have the right of way, then there's the "first one with wheels in the well wins" type lol!
yeah.. we have people that stop at 6am when there is no a ******* car in sight.. you wanna see me lose my mind, that will do it.. I have watched people turn left into a roundabout, people acting like it's a 4 way stop.. and one time i had a van in front of me stop in the middle of it to let cars in.... WTF... basically making everything back up

yeah.. we have people that stop at 6am when there is no a ******* car in sight.. you wanna see me lose my mind, that will do it.. I have watched people turn left into a roundabout, people acting like it's a 4 way stop.. and one time i had a van in front of me stop in the middle of it to let cars in.... WTF... basically making everything back up
Hey just wait until you get a 2 lane round about .:BangHead:

-
Back