Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Damn, my stepmother is not doing well. Pretty much unresponsive for the last few days. Hospice is involved. Doesn't sound good.
THanks for the well wishes folks. Mary was my father's wife after he remarried. We weren't all that close but she always treated my sister and I well and her 3 daughters always thought of us as brother and sister. They always liked having a "brother" . No news yet this morning but when it happens she will be missed. She was a nice lady. She worked at Wal Mart up until a couple years ago and loved it. She sold Avon forever and always gave me a collector beer stein for Christmas.

yeah.. we have people that stop at 6am when there is no a ******* car in sight.. you wanna see me lose my mind, that will do it.. I have watched people turn left into a roundabout, people acting like it's a 4 way stop.. and one time i had a van in front of me stop in the middle of it to let cars in.... WTF... basically making everything back up
There's one on HWY 20 I drive really early in the a.m. going into work. Visibility is good but I sometimes go "through" it so fast that my Telematics says "harsh event detected". Yeah that sends an email to my manager. Also get alerts if follow too close, speed (over 10 percent). It had California stop alert in there too but they took that out, too many people bitched.

Hey just wait until you get a 2 lane round about .:BangHead:
They put one in like that and then did a traffic mod later on it, really confused some and still does lol. If you're in the outer lane of that you're supposed to continue straight but people stay in it and cut you off in the inner lane, it's crazy

There's one on HWY 20 I drive really early in the a.m. going into work. Visibility is good but I sometimes go "through" it so fast that my Telematics says "harsh event detected". Yeah that sends an email to my manager. Also get alerts if follow too close, speed (over 10 percent). It had California stop alert in there too but they took that out, too many people bitched.
haha yeah... i have 2 within a mile of my house and one they made too straight.. i go through it at 40+... i need to stop that.. i have been trying to be safer.. I almost lost my C5 vette taking a round about too tight years ago.. caught the inner curb and threw the rear end in the air.. pucker...

Very hard to believe my boy graduates college in 2 days! Bachelor's Degree in Engineering - Material Science.

1714049808778.png

THanks for the well wishes folks. Mary was my father's wife after he remarried. We weren't all that close but Mary always treated my sister and I well and her3 daughters always thought of us as brother and sister. They always liked having a "brother" . No news yet this morning but when it happens she will be missed. She was a nice lady. She worked at Wal Mart up until a couple years ago and loved it. She sold Avon forever and always gave me a collector beer stein for Christmas.
Prayers for strength to you and her family, loosing family is never easy, just harder on some my friend

Oh, then there is the Michigan Left hand turn near Detroit/Troy area at least. Makes perfect sense to right to go left. Change a ton of lanes and merge into high speed traffic.

View attachment 1716241391
They have "wrong way weave" interchanges in Virginia on bridges to eliminate left turns signals for on-ramps

ha ha, not sure on that. he is a very smart kid.
Funny how that goes :lol: My little sister never showed any interest in my dad's construction life, from residential to highway construction, from licensed contractor to hourly employee, no interest, that we noticed. Somewhere about Junior College something changed :lol: she wanted to go to Cal Poly, a highly regarded tech college in Ca. She had like a 3.8 gpa at Poly. It wasn't but 3 weeks after graduation and she hadn't even begun to look for engineering type work, City of Tustin in Orange County Ca. calls her "We want you! We pay whatever you want!" :wtf:

We had a local yokel launch his car off a round about a couple weeks ago. I never heard what happened or why but I'm sure it would have made an impressive video. :rofl:

-
Back